Seatbelt question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seatbelt question

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
jeep16
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Seatbelt question

Can you use a racing harness on a regular bucket seat with an adjustable headrest? i want some added safety of a harness, but dont want to spend the cash on a racing seat.

jeep16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
YJ Ynot
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yup some can..

I'll stop procrastinating tomorrow...
YJ Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It depends on how they mount. You may need to weld a harness bar to keep the shoulder mounts where they need to be so you don't crush your spine in a rollover. Also, DD with racing harness can be a pain. On my Mustang I left the stock belts to use on the street and only used the Schroth harnesses when on the autoX course.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.