Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

seat slider confusion

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  pasinbuy 
#1 ·
I took the sliders off of my seats in preparation for my new seats. I found out that the passenger slider is messed up. No problem, over to Ebay. But it looks like YJ sliders change after 1990. THere are listings for 87-90, and then 91-95. THe 91-95 are listed as 14inchers. That's what mine measure. Did the PO put different sliders on my YJ? It looks like 87-90s are 12 inchers. I guess if 14" came off the seats, 14" will go back on, but what's the story? Is there a difference between 90 and 91?

#2 ·
NO takers on this? If I go to any of the after market sites, they sell only one set of sliders for 87-95. There also only appear to be one size of risers or brackets to which the sliders are bolted. So how do you explain the difference in OEM sliders? Some are 12" and some are 14". Also, if my after market seats are supposed to fit any year YJ, is this a non issue? Will they fit both length sliders? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
I know there are different sizes. Trying to swap the risers from my 1987 to my 1992 and the sliders don't match up, also the fasteners are different. There are studs on the 1992 risers that aren't on the 1987 risers, and studs on the 1987 sliders that aren't on the 1992 sliders.

#9 ·
#15 ·
If your problem with the slider is that it is sticking. Clean it up and spray white grease in there. They do not normally go bad, just start sticking due to age and the original grease getting old. If your sliders are really bad or broken. I think I have a set that I will give you. Let me know and I will look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.