Seat risers- interchangable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seat risers- interchangable?

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 07-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Seat risers- interchangable?

OK so my drivers side seat riser is cracked and rusty, and the bolts are pretty rusty. I found a passenger one on CraigsList for $10. Is there any difference between the two (other than the passenger is a flip forward seat, having a flip on the drivers side seems handy)?

For $10 I think that would be worth it, as long as it will fit. I know the flip forward handle will be on the wrong side, but that can't be too hard to flip or fabricate to the other side. I think it will be easier than trying to get my existing seat frame out without destroying it and then repairing it.

My question is, will it work and has anyone added a passenger riser to the drivers side?

Cheers!
~K

Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
clush
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i would think that one side is higher to accommodate the drivetrain if I am remembering correctly. if so, the left side of the riser is higher on the passenger seat while the right side is higher on the driver seat. you know, the hump that runs down the middle of the tub where the transmission and driveshaft, etc run. Seems like I remember seeign that last time I took my seats out.
clush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Go look at the way they mount and the slider mechanism and you will see the difference between the pass side and driver side just in that fashion. THe passsenger side is also one piece as you know for fold and tumble where the driver side is 2 piece. Also the inside mount is lower than the outside so if you reverse them it would be turning the slide mech to the back of the seat.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

The passenger side is different and they are not interchangeable.

Some YJ's came with flip driver's and passenger seats and those are interchangeable with stationary seats but not side to side.
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! I honestly can say I have not looked at the passenger seat on my YJ yet. It works and is rust free. I have spent a lot of time under my Heep trying to get the stupid riser off without luck. I am afraid I am going to have to cut it off and think I will just try and get a new one rather than fix the one that is rusted, cracked and going to get cut out.
I have found a drivers side flip riser for the same $10 (but on this one I gotta pay shipping too) so it is a non-issue.

:-)
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.