Seat question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seat question

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
CyndiB
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Seat question

I have a 90 YJ that originally had a spice interior, but somewhere along the line in its past history, it's been converted to black, so I know the seats are not original (they're black with gray/charcoal centers). I got a set of used Coverking seat covers for it, but they're two-piece and when tried to put them on, I found that my seats are one-piece, there is no open space between the seat and the seat back, so there's no way to attach the covers. The seatback cover has a velcro strip that goes under the bottom and attaches to itself, and the seat bottom has straps. Otherwise they're the same shape. Does anyone know what year/model my seats might be? Or are the covers not for a YJ?

[COLOR="White"][/COLOR]White Jeep Club Member #169
CyndiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Some pics may help people help you.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
CyndiB
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake
Some pics may help people help you.
Ok, sorry. I put the old seat covers back on, so I'll have to take them off to take pics.
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
CyndiB
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well I found out the answer to my question in case there is anyone else out there looking to buy seat covers. YJs came with 2 styles of OEM seats, reclining and non-reclining. The reclining seats are 2 piece and the non-reclining are 1 piece. The covers are not interchangeable, so the 2 piece covers I bought are for reclining seats and I have non-reclining ones.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.