seat bracket help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > seat bracket help

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
RJMICP
1984 CJ7 

seat bracket help

so I'm just about done with refurbing my 92YJ after body work, and Monstaliner... and I picked up these 2 racing seats from a local JY... they are similar to Corbeau, but not... I was able to fab up a bracket to fit the OEM risers, but when I put them in, they are WAY TOO HIGH... I have to squish my leg under the steering wheel to get in the seat... my question, are there other brackets out there I can buy that are maybe 4-5" lower, or is this something I have to do on my own? If I have to do it on my own, has anyone else done this before and can offer any advice? I was hoping to have the seats in today and be out cruising, but obviously that didn't happen... any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Ryan

RJMICP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Taking the sliders out could help. That's what I had to do when I installed my corbeau seats. I think you'd have to make a new riser yourself though

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Nickabis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had to cut and re-weld my seat raisers. They were the style the lifts forward but I didn't need that when installing my seats. My new seats lean forward and slide forward enough to let some get in the back.
Nickabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

any pics of these modified seat risers and/or brackets?
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

Funny enough I ran into the same issue today. No name aftermarket AutoFX seats, way too high. My fab guy is also going to cut down my brackets to fit them. Looking at mine with the FX seats, they're bolstered under the thigh, whereas the Jeep seats are flat and it's the bracket that puts the seat on the comfortable angle. We're going to eliminate that angle. Drivers mount is non-flip, so it'll just get cut with ~2-3" out of the front "legs", weld back together. Flip-forward passenger seat is a little more complicated. Cross bar will be cut, then front legs shortened 2-3". Cross bar will get lapped and welded again. Rear of that mount should be able to be left alone.

I'm also considering moving the rear seat back 2-3" for leg room. Preferably be able to weld in nuts so I can choose forward or back by just moving the 2 brackets. There's practically no cargo space with the seat installed anyway... might as well get my little guy's legs out of my seats.
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
lukeh
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Check this
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...isers-1244118/

I also chopped the flip forward passenger seat, but unless you put a lot of effort in to it you'll lose the smoothness. Mine still flips, but because the angles are no longer as designed its a struggle to flip. Fortunately I rarely have the need.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

The angles aren't correct anymore after it's been cut I imagine. Those solid mounts on the thread you posted look like a good alternative (sounds like what the fabricator was suggesting), but I've got a 2 year old who sits in the back when mama is on board... so I need that access.

He'll be doing the alteration early Sept. If this thread is still active I'll post what he's built.
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.