seat belt wont release - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > seat belt wont release

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
ex-toyota

seat belt wont release

hey guys, i took the seat belts out to herculine the jeep and now when i put them in, they wont release, so the bolts wont reach the holes, are their any quick tips, or fixes to this problem, i kno this is common in jeeps, 3 of the 4 wont go down

93 I6 YJ, 1.5 shackle lift, 31x10.50 bfg ats, homemade intake kit with a k&n filter-it definitely helps out, hopefully soont to go soa, with 33's, joining the arm this summer 05, its gonna be nice to have all this money saved up, im thinkin soa, sye, tom woods shaft, like to get 35s, new bumpers, winch, im gonna love my jeep
ex-toyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-toyota
hey guys, i took the seat belts out to herculine the jeep and now when i put them in, they wont release, so the bolts wont reach the holes, are their any quick tips, or fixes to this problem, i kno this is common in jeeps, 3 of the 4 wont go down
Did you goop the bolt holes up with the herc??
atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
ex-toyota

its nothing to do with the holes, the seat belt mechanism wont release the seat belt, so i cant pull the part that bolts to the floor down low enough, ive had this problem witht he pasenger side but never any of the others, they ve been taped to the roll bars for only like 5 days, dont get why they r doing this
93 I6 YJ, 1.5 shackle lift, 31x10.50 bfg ats, homemade intake kit with a k&n filter-it definitely helps out, hopefully soont to go soa, with 33's, joining the arm this summer 05, its gonna be nice to have all this money saved up, im thinkin soa, sye, tom woods shaft, like to get 35s, new bumpers, winch, im gonna love my jeep
Unread 04-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
its nothing to do with the holes, the seat belt mechanism wont release the seat belt, so i cant pull the part that bolts to the floor down low enough, ive had this problem witht he pasenger side but never any of the others, they ve been taped to the roll bars for only like 5 days, dont get why they r doing this
Oh, I see....this happened to my passenger belt once...I beat it with a pipe and it popped. LOL, wife won't ride with me anymore. I have since replaced the belt as it would continue to stick from time to time and I don't feel like having my passenger die if I drive into a lake or something.
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
fastone110
1988 YJ Wrangler 

good call...lol
'88 yj wrangler 2.5L /w 3.5 black diamond suspension lift, 2" body lift, 1 1/4" shackles, detroit gearless front locker, lockright in rear, posi-lok, traction bars off, no sway, 35x12.50x15 baja claws on homemade beadlocks, 4.10 gears protected by homemade diff covers, TFI, herculined, 8000lb winch, GenRight Bumbers, BrownDog 1''MML, JB SYE, flowmaster, custom YJ dash, kicker 4" front speakers, sony explode cd player, rocker panel guards, custom SS red brake lines.
fastone110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #6
ex-toyota

yea i fixed it too, u just have to jiggle it, and not pull or yank on it, its all in the hips baby, just got to tap it in
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
PsychoRNGD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

you can use some WD-40, worked on one of my seat belts.......on my go-cart...BUT ITS THE SAME THING...I swear

Next Modifications[list][*]Custom Bumpers[*]On-board air[*]New marine sound system[/list]
PsychoRNGD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
Wif
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
.. .. and not pull or yank on it, its all in the hips baby, just got to tap it in
I bet you say that to all the girls
[I]Who's[/I] in front ?

Ridin' topless again .. sweet !!
Wif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
fastone110
1988 YJ Wrangler 

lol.. u guys are ate up
'88 yj wrangler 2.5L /w 3.5 black diamond suspension lift, 2" body lift, 1 1/4" shackles, detroit gearless front locker, lockright in rear, posi-lok, traction bars off, no sway, 35x12.50x15 baja claws on homemade beadlocks, 4.10 gears protected by homemade diff covers, TFI, herculined, 8000lb winch, GenRight Bumbers, BrownDog 1''MML, JB SYE, flowmaster, custom YJ dash, kicker 4" front speakers, sony explode cd player, rocker panel guards, custom SS red brake lines.
fastone110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #10
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Jeepster
I bet you say that to all the girls
LOL!!

(10 chars)..........
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #11
Mr. Notorious

Quote:
yea i fixed it too, u just have to jiggle it, and not pull or yank on it,
Yup, just pull it down really really slow. Too fast and I will lock it up. Like when you get into an accident, your body pulls on the seatbelt really fast so it locks up. Nice and slow. If you still can't do it, there's a little tab you can play with using a screwdriver to release the locking mechanism. But just have patience and do it slow.

1967 FJ, linked, 350 chevy, 35's, arbs, blah blah...
2002 TJ

"If you're not moving ahead, you're falling behind"
Mr. Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.