Same shocks when doing a 8.8?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Same shocks when doing a 8.8??

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
epettit
2013 JK Wrangler 

Same shocks when doing a 8.8??

Getting everything ready to do the axle swap and was wondering I can use the same shocks as I have installed. I have a 4 inch leaf lift running skyjackers.

Unread 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you use a lower shock mount that accommodates being able to rotate it on the tube without the bushing binding to where it needs to be, you should be okay.

When doing so, make sure that the body of the shock does not contact the axle tube as the suspension cycles.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 01-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
kirksjeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have the same tearaflex shock bar. Works great. I think M.O.R.E. makes upper mounts that go up and forward.
1992 YJ Sahara- 4.5" RE XD, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35" BFG MT, 8.8 w/Aussie, D30 w/Ten Factory shafts/ Aussie, 4:10 gears, Soild Diff Covers, SYE, CV Drive shaft, OBA, Flowmaster Super 44,, Custom head pipe, Super Chip, Boared out TB, Rock It Intake , Goferit Tie Rod Flip, 99+ intake manifold/Steering pump, custom front/rear bumpers,Hand Throttle, Hurst Shifter, Smitty Built sliders , 6" TJ flairs, Kilby belly up skid, Quadratech 9K winch, ZJ PS cooler. 01 XJ Sport-2" lift, 31x10.50 MT/ 02 Liberty 2" Lift
kirksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.