Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rust question?

659 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  that_1_guy 
#1 ·
Anyone else have a rust problem in or near the antenna mount? What did you do to fix it? What would you recommend?

Mine has a few small bubbles outside and on the inside of the jeep. so There is internal rust inbetween the 2 panels. I'm taking a preemptive strick against further rust on the body. Thoughts/Ideas :thumbsup: appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Mine did too. but it was closer to the fender flare. I'm interested in this answer as well. I did cut the inside body panel out to find a bunch of gravel and mud packed into the top crease. This area on the underside of the wheel well normally has that body sealant packed into it, but mine had a small hole where this **** was collecting. After cleaning it out really well, hopefully, I sanded the rust (a really tight fit--had to use bottle wire brushes, gun cleaning brushes...) . I used the POR 15 process. Then I plugged the hole up with construction adhesive. Finally, I used fiberglass inside the panels. Needless to say, I probably did not do something right, like wait long enough for stuff to dry, and the rust is coming back through. When it gets warmer, I'm going to tear into it again and try the POR 15 again correctly. It has worked in the past on other areas. But, I am beginning to think that I also need a new battery tray. It's very rusty, and may be "spreading its cancer" to nearby areas.

#3 ·
My problem is not around the antenna mount, but on my Jeep logo that pops out on the front, right behind the front fender flare. I have major bubbling that has spread into my jeep logo. Is there a way that I could fix this myself and be able to save my logo? Any ideas? Thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.