Rules and guidelines for the YJ Section - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rules and guidelines for the YJ Section

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Ick! You suck! (j/k) And I WAS going to visit you on my trip to Canada next week...

Unread 07-23-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I am so sorry that I suck .. is there anything else I need to know about myself? When are you coming to Canada .. and which province are you going to wheel in? If you are going to be anywhere near me .. let me know before you get here .. ok?
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #3
Plink

I think we've seen enough of the rules and regs. It seems like I can't get into any forum w/o bump'n into these.
[B]Need new front and rear bumpers[/B]
[B]HAM: KB3JQS[/B]
Plink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bumpin' into them is a good thing ... it shows that you do care about what's going on in the forums. So far, you will find these guidelines in the groups that I am one of the moderators on, and I believe the the other moderators are going to be setting up their own rules / guidelines as well.

These posts on the rules and guidelines have been passed by the owner / operator of JeepForum.com. I am just the one who is posting / enforcing them.

If you have any problems that need to be discussed, we can do it via Private Messaging.

Unread 07-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #5
-D-

from the just-relax-a-little dept.

The rules aren't restrictive. They aren't very strict and they would not have limited almost anything I or a most people would ever post here. Really they seem like just a presense that says, keep it on topic. On those forums without rules the posts tend to get off topic and then it's hard to get a decent answer.

If you wanted to just "talk", there are plenty of chat rooms for that. IRC probably has a dozen jeep related channels, but I'll bet you get very little jeep tech on those channels. We even have a board here for just "talk", you could try and get some tow-hook help from the General Discussion forum...

You're right, rules are starting to pop up on forums nowadays, but all they do is empower the moderators and allow them to justify any moderation they deemed necessary. Are the rules really interfereing with the purpose of this forum?
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #6
StumpJumper

This is a great board! I visit them all because I'm relatively new to the Jeep and I like to read as much info as I can. Restricting yourself to one board only is kinda crazy if you're trying to learn. There are a lot of boards out there, all with very knowledgable folks. I try to reply on all matters that I feel I can help. I can't help you rebuild your engine, but I can help someone on the things that I have done or broken or replaced. All boards have their special personalities on them. Sometimes they get out of hand and carried away. When that happens, I go somewhere else, then come back later. No big deal.

Naekid, you guys do a great job and it's appreciated by most.

Stump
Unread 07-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #7
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I can't take all the credit .. we do have a great bunch of guys donating their time to help others, and a great bunch of people ( like you, and you, and you ) wanting to share their information.

I don't always have all the answers either, but after being around a Jeep for a few moons, and having some great people mentoring me .. I have been able to memorize a few of the normal questions and answers

Unread 07-24-2002, 04:54 PM   #8
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally posted by NaeKid
I am so sorry that I suck .. is there anything else I need to know about myself? When are you coming to Canada .. and which province are you going to wheel in? If you are going to be anywhere near me .. let me know before you get here .. ok?
Just pullin' your chain....I am taking my family (via RV) to see their family in Winnipeg MB - not exactly the finest part of Canada, especially this time of year...
Unread 07-24-2002, 05:01 PM   #9
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Winnipeg is very fine at this time of year .. especially if you love misquitos the size of loonies, horseflys the size of your hand and heat that can melt a 10lb block of ice in 20 min .. it is fine! Go and visit some of the lakes around Winnipeg if you have time .. they are beautiful.

If you feel like doin' the long route back to home .. zip across the prairies for 14 hours and visit us here in Calgary

I know you were pullin' my chain dude ..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.