** Rules and guidelines for the YJ Section **
Rule and guidelines for posting
- Keep your messages on topic. For this message group, that means talking about the Jeep Wrangler or YJ which was manufactured from 1987 till 1995. It replaced the CJ (manufactured till 1986) and was itself replaced by the TJ (manufactured from 1997 till present). You may talk about the problems, desires, capabilities, modifications, ideas and loves / hates that you have about YJ's. The moderators will allow a certain amount of "off-topic" messaging, but please do not push it. The designated chat thread is here. Please remember that there will be someone somewhere reading this down the line looking for an answer and doesnt want to read about your cat or how cute your kid is.
- Swearing, flaming, slamming and spamming will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all-together. This is your only warning. Repeat offenders will find their login-id's and IP addresses banned from using JeepForums.com. Any discussion of illegal activities will result in an instant ban. Don't brag about your illegal wheeling or tell us how your mpg's are better without a catalytic converter.
- Help us moderate the forum, on every single message on the left side under the name of the person posting you will find an icon that looks like this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/image...ons/report.gif Clicking on that button will allow you to write a detailed message to the moderator (or if there is no moderator, to the administrators) as to why the message needs to be fixed. Please let us know if it is porn, spam, slamming another user or any other details you feel are relevant.
-The thumbs up function http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4gizvdaj.gif is designed to let the poster know that someone agreed with that post and acts as positive reinforcement. A PM will be sent (pending user settings) to allow the poster to see which post was flagged and the count is reflected in your jeepspace account. Thumbs up flagging is completely anonymous.
-The thumbs down function http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...psnhsods1u.gif lets only the moderators know which posts are possibly in bad taste or just on the brink of necessitating the post being reported and acted upon. Consistently flagged users will be counseled based on their posts and action may be taken. The moderators review all posts reported and all thumbs down every day. Don't get the two confused.
- Pictures may be posted with your messages. Please check the Registry Section for ideas on how to properly post the pictures that you wish for others to see. Photobucket instructions can be found here
- Topics allowed include anything about the Wrangler, including trail / grocery runs, towing, changes in look or function, warranty / non-warranty problems that come up, etcetra.
- Please do not post and repost your questions several times over as the answers are not always immediate. Some people will refrain from answering questions even after reading them if they cannot prove their points of view or question their own knowledge of the particular issue you are having.
- Posts that are nothing but "padding" the post-counter (ie: "I agree" or "Use the search") will not be tolerated for long. If you agree, say so, but please add more to the discussion, you do have opinions that you can share! Also do not simply add "use the search" as an answer. If you follow that up with a link to what you found searching then by all means do.
- Searching the forum:
As times and members change within this group, some questions maybe asked over and over again ...
- - For the oldtimers, please be patient with those who are new. Some members have trouble searching threads and getting the search feature to work right. If you can help by providing a link, please do. BUT, please refrain from just saying "use the search" or "learn to search first" etc. Those comments are not very productive if that is all you say.
- - To those who are new, you can search the online databases for answers to your questions. The search feature is at the top of every page in the tool bar. Give it a shot when you are looking for answers. Here is an illustrated how to for searching
If you feel the answers found do not satisfy you, please don't hesitate to post your question here.
- - Sometimes the answers you are looking for may be in other sections, check there as well, as many questions that are asked about the Wrangler may also apply to CJ or TJ.
Rules have been revised.
|The time now is 01:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.