Rugged Ridge Mega SYE -- Electronic Speed Sensor in YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rugged Ridge Mega SYE -- Electronic Speed Sensor in YJ

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 07-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
mrmonkey
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rugged Ridge Mega SYE -- Electronic Speed Sensor in YJ

I bought a used SYE kit from a guy here locally and installed in in my NP231 over a year ago and my speedometer hasn't worked since. I've just used my GPS for speed, but I need to get it fixed for good. I'm trying to decide if either the sensor that this guy sold me was bad, or if my speedometer isn't working with the electronic sensor. I'm pretty sure this is the kit I got from the guy. RR states that their kit includes the "newer style speed sensor" on one of the pages I found, and from some research it looks like it's the same sensor used in the TJ Rubicon NP241 t-cases. I found what looks to be the right part on Auto Zone's site. I would normally just order one, but I cut and soldered the wires from my harness into the wires of the sensor in my sye (one half of the clip connector had been busted, so this was my desperate attempt to fix it). So, even if I were to order this from AZ I couldn't test it without chopping off their harness, and that's a $60 gamble.

Has anyone else run into this and can help me? Is this the right sensor? If so, will it work in my 93 YJ speedometer?

EDIT: Probably should mention that the pic from AutoZone shows a connector with 3 wires, which is also what I have coming from my Jeep's harness.

mrmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.ruggedridge.com/speed-sen...liminator.html
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
mrmonkey
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post

Yeah I've seen that. Not sure if the picture they have is bad, but my sensor doesn't look anything like that. Mine looks like the link to the sensor from Auto Zone.
mrmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.