Rubicon Express Back order situation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Express Back order situation

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Express Back order situation

So i ordered RE1444 and RE1445 springs in mid december and have still not recieved them. Anyone else waiting for these springs?

YJ89jeepTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Probably a stupid question, but, have you called them?

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sure have. they have no idea when they will be available again. im just curious how many others are in this situation.
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I bent one of my fronts back in early December and ordered a new pair. The guy said I got the last ones in the country. I would email RE directly and ask what the eta is.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i have multiple times. they just give me what they think is going to be an ETA, but still dont really have any idea when they will be back in stock.
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

"Unfortunately our shipment has been delayed and we will probably not see them until mid February.We have been doing business with the same manufacturer for many years and we have the utmost confidence in their product however the economy has somewhat changed the lead times on many products.We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause….Mike"

thats what ive been told, so just waiting on further notice.
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

We ordered some RE 4" springs back late last year.
We did get them but it took some time.
If memory serves, it was close to 2 months.

Worth the wait in my opinion.

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
d-dub
1994 YJ Wrangler 

RE 2.5" Extreeme Duty kit #5530

I ordered a Rubicon Express 2.5" Extreme Duty suspension kit #5530 (Extreme springs were no longer available so they substituted them for std duty #1430 springs) early Dec. from Jeepinoutfitters. They had the parts ship directly from Rubicon Express as they were available. I got the springs and most of the hardware in 3 weeks. It took 4 weeks to get the shocks. At 6 weeks, Jeepinoutfitters had to get the brake lines and front greasable shackles from other outfitters inventory to close out my order.
d-dub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would call them and see what kind of lead time they have, if you don't like it cancel the them and order BDS springs.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I would call them and see what kind of lead time they have, if you don't like it cancel the them and order BDS springs.
Bet you won't be waiting for those.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

lol i dont want BDS im going SOA and the reverse eye is really what im interested in. Im going to have to wait.......
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure why BDS spring won't work SOA, mine seem to be doing rather well. Either way, it's an option.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I almost went bds to see how they hold up. I really liked the ride of the re's so I stuck with them even though I mangled one. If they had been bds I probably would have got a free replacement minus $100 in shipping.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
bighop
2006 LJ Wrangler 

bad news...

http://www.rubiconusa.com/2011/02/1949/

I just broke a shock, tried calling to get it replaced, apparently they went bankrupt...
bighop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #15
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.

I always have loved RE's stuff.. sad to see that happen.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.