Rubicon Express 2.5 inch lift experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Express 2.5 inch lift experience?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
riesesdad

Rubicon Express 2.5 inch lift experience?

Any reviews of the re 5505, 2.5 inch standard lift? I'd like to see some before and after pictures but I haven't been able to find any.

I'd like to know how much 'actual' lift you get out of it since my 89 YJ has pretty saggy springs right now.

I'd also like to know what the ride is like with it. They say that it's better than the stock ride (which I don't mind anyway).

riesesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riesesdad
Any reviews of the re 5505, 2.5 inch standard lift? I'd like to see some before and after pictures but I haven't been able to find any.

I'd like to know how much 'actual' lift you get out of it since my 89 YJ has pretty saggy springs right now.

I'd also like to know what the ride is like with it. They say that it's better than the stock ride (which I don't mind anyway).

No before and after pictures of mine but i love it. Not a single complaint. Kit was complete and quality. Ride if definitely better than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
riesesdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper
No before and after pictures of mine but i love it. Not a single complaint. Kit was complete and quality. Ride if definitely better than stock.
Thanks for the review. Do you have any pictures at all? I want to eventually put 33's on as well, but didn't know if I would have to do a BL or get some TJ flares and cut a little.
riesesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #4
Durbahn

I have some before and after pics, but i cant post them until i get home from school in two weeks, i love the lift and the ride but my one complaint was that i should have spent the little extra money and went with the 4.5in lift
32 Super Swamper TSLs
posi lok'd
more to come

http://www.geocities.com/mopar_2005/jeep.html
Durbahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You will definitely need a body lift or shackle lift to run 33s with the 2.5" kit. Its designed to clear 31s so with a 1" bl you would be able to clear 32s or with a 2 " bl youd clear 33s or you can use any combination of shackle or bl you desire. Or you can just buy taller springs like Durbahn suggested. All depends on what your future plans are.

I went with the 2.5" kit because it will be where i want it when i go SOA down the road. But for now its my DD and with a 2" BL the 33s clear fine, i dont need a SYE and ive been pleased with the performance both on and off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
kg6mti
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I know that you asked for the "Standard" RE 2.5 but I have the RE Extreme Duty 2.5 lift with Rancho RS9000X shocks and I am very happy with it. The ride and articulation of my Jeep has been increased substantially.

Here is a link where you can see before and after pictures of my Jeep.

http://www.kg6mti.dnsalias.com/Jeep-Project

Good Luck!
Unread 06-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #7
93Renny

I just installed an RE 2.5 standard lift, (last weekend) and will soon have the before and after pics. I also Installed 1 inch shackles from 4WD.com. The nice supprise about the kit when it came was that it came with Rubicon Express Shocks!!! They say they ship the doetsch brand or what ever they are. They mainly ship these because these are the cheapest, that's my opinion any ways. The down side to the kit is that the sway bar disconnect kit was on back order. I've been waiting a week for them to come. The other downside to the kit is that it didn't come with bump-stop extensions like some of the other lift kits do. This is $30's or more for a pair. The lift looks much higher than 2.5 inches, but I guess with the shackles it looks taller, and the springs are still fresh, no settling yet. I'll try to post the pics, or send a link to my underdeveloped web site.

I'm guessing I'll have no problem with 32's. Maybe a little rubbing due to stock rims. As someone mentioned before, it looks as though I won't need a SYE. Hooray!!!. The money flow is low.

Like my Grandfather always said, "it's the long green with a short future"

Last edited by 93Renny; 06-07-2005 at 12:24 PM..
93Renny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
jeeps-r-us

nice gallery kg6mti! the truck looks great!
jeeps-r-us is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.