Rubber plus in tranny bell (housing) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubber plus in tranny bell (housing)

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Smelly2u
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rubber plus in tranny bell (housing)

Putting together my 1990 yj ie pilot bearing clutch ect! The wire coming from
Motor has a rubber stoper or plug which sits in the drivers side of the tranny bell. There is a seal for it and it mounts on with 2 screws! I've tried to find its purpose but to no avail? Can some shoot me answer? Thks in advance

Smelly2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

CPS goes in and if you have an internal slave cylinder the line also has a rubber block that sits in the bell housing.

CPS= Crankshaft Position Sensor

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.