Round 4" LED tail light install! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Round 4" LED tail light install!

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 11-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #46
Yakers209
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Woo Hoo!

Looks like I have a new project for the weekend! Looks sweet man!

Yakers209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #47
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the 10 led lights from H.F. are great, finding a 4 1/2 hole saw sux, lowes $34.95

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #48
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
the 10 led lights from H.F. are great, finding a 4 1/2 hole saw sux, lowes $34.95
Probably could've gotten THAT ad H.F. for like $9.95

Gotta love the cheapie tools from china when you know you'll only ever use it once or twice
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #49
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

nope, you can get a 18 peice hole saw kit, ($6.95) 4", 5" no 4.5"

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #50
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

HF has very weird sized hole saws. I looked when i picked up my lights. i used the flange mount ones instead of the gromets, I wanted it to be just a little harder to steal them. but i love my lights. And this is yet another MEAN MAX write up that I used.

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
JoeR203
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, this is in my future. Playing around with Photoshop and reversing the image so the gas cap is on the left like on my '95, I turned the lights from vertical to horizontal. I like both examples but I think the horizontal setup looks better. Any comments?

[IMG][/IMG]
JoeR203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #52
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Years ago, I saw a bright yellow YJ that had 3 of those oval lights on each side, they were set diagonally.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #53
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
There's really no need for a hole saw. I traced a line where I needed the hole with a sharpie, drilled a hole, and cut it out with a jig saw.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #54
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_nichols View Post
HF has very weird sized hole saws. I looked when i picked up my lights. i used the flange mount ones instead of the gromets, I wanted it to be just a little harder to steal them. but i love my lights. And this is yet another MEAN MAX write up that I used.

whats the story with the red side lights? reason for then?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

I only read the pictures!

95 Rio Grande- 4" Pro Comp lift, 235x75r15 on stock Alloys, Boomerangs, Piolet Trail Lights, Hurc'd, No Sways or Trac, Custom Under Dash Wiring Harness
jerseyrider1119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #55
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyrider1119 View Post
whats the story with the red side lights? reason for then?
Side marker lights, as required by law. The stock tail lights housings have them built in.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #56
WCoon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going to get some of these for my tag lights: Amazon.com: License Plate Bolt Lights - Universal Trucks And All Motorcycles Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harleys, Cruisers, Choppers, Jeep, Wrangler, Trucks Roll Pan, Fender Eliminators LED Lights Licence Plate LED Lights: Automotive

WCoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #57
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Don't waste your money, they suck.

Besides offering almost no light, the wires are slightly thinner than a human hair & half as durable.

Mine only made it until I got a new plate & had to mess with the fragile wires a 2nd time. Now they're in the trash.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #58
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The Lite-N-Bolts lights don't offer a whole lot of light either, but they have been durable and I haven't had any problems. I think the ones listed are a knock off of the same. At least that's my guess since they're half the price.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #59
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Best mod i've done so far...glad I found this thread! Also avoid buying that piece of **** license plate light that GenRight sells...total garbage, broke after 3 days...

(running lights)

(brake lights)

Last edited by CLIMBaMTN; 11-30-2009 at 06:03 PM..
CLIMBaMTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #60
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIMBaMTN View Post
Best mod i've done so far...glad I found this thread!

is it me or does that look off?
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.