Rough starts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough starts

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-06-2002, 09:10 PM   #1
A.S.

Rough starts

Lately, in the mornings, I have to crank the engine for about 5 seconds or even twice for it to start. I just had a full tune up and replaced the distributer cap/rotor, plugs, wires etc. Could it be the ignition coil.

Unread 05-08-2002, 03:10 PM   #2
Gerry

I have the same problem with my 93 4 banger. Interested in the reply. And it's only in the mornings. I have to turn the key for a second or two, let off, then do it again and it starts right up????? Hope we can get an answer...
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #3
A.S.

I just noticed that my battery gauge reads at just below the midline, I wonder whether it's the battery.
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:59 PM   #4
bjg

thats the way its suppose to be....I have a 95 four banger and it does the same thing. I know nothing is wrong with mine because my dad has a shop and I have replaced everything. I would not worry about it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.