Rough idle and fuel smell - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough idle and fuel smell

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Wrangler87

Rough idle and fuel smell

I've got an 87 wrangler 4.2, auto. Just installed a brand new short block bored 60 over, new oil pump, screen, pan, harmonic balancer, had the head completely redone at the machine shop. Also put on a new 32/36 weber carb. New plugs, wires, fuel pump and filter, cap, and rotor. Jeep will start just fine, but when I put it in gear the idle will drop from 750 down to 250-300 range. It also has a fuel smell sometimes when I shut it off. Where Gould I start first trying to fix the problem?

Wrangler87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.