Rough country suspension add-a-leaf - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough country suspension add-a-leaf

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Mohsen95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rough country suspension add-a-leaf

Hi all

I have a 95 wrangler with 4” suspension lift and 3” body lift, all from rough country. 35/12.50/15 wheels with 2.5 motor.

My problem is that when I am offroading, I tend to cause the rear tires rub on the body and at some point, I am sure the tires will be ruined.

I can’t afford to get 6” or 8” lift right now, so I am was thinking of getting the SUSPENSION ADD-A-LEAF from rough country, but I am not sure if this recommended by the experts or is there any gotchas that I need to be aware of.

Mohsen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsen95 View Post
Hi all

I have a 95 wrangler with 4” suspension lift and 3” body lift, all from rough country. 35/12.50/15 wheels with 2.5 motor.

My problem is that when I am offroading, I tend to cause the rear tires rub on the body and at some point, I am sure the tires will be ruined.

I can’t afford to get 6” or 8” lift right now, so I am was thinking of getting the SUSPENSION ADD-A-LEAF from rough country, but I am not sure if this recommended by the experts or is there any gotchas that I need to be aware of.

Buy a set of Daystar poly extended bump stops from Quadratec... I had the same problem. Got sick of slicing my rear tires....
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Mohsen95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you are absolutely correct sir, because and as a matter fact, I don't have any bump stops at all, which explains the problem I am having.

I'll go ahead and get the ones you recommened and post later to let you know how it went.

Thanks a lot.
Mohsen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No problem.. i love the ones i got from them... And they have saved me 100s of times. Mine hit on my 8.8 perfect, well did before i went to a bigger lift.

Unread 06-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

+1, you need bump stops. Going with 6" lift spring will NOT STOP YOUR TIRES FROM RUBBING. You can still flex the springs into a flat shape. As a matter of fact, with the right bump stops you could go down to a 2.5" lift spring and still run 35's with that body lift. I doubt that you will even need extended bump stops with a 3" BL. Just get some bump stops period. Bottom out your suspension to find out how much you need to limit it. Then get the proper bump stops. Going too long will limit your flex, but going too short will allow the tires to hit the body.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.