Rough Country or Rustys off road 4 inch lift on a YJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country or Rustys off road 4 inch lift on a YJ?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
blackgnx
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Rough Country or Rustys off road 4 inch lift on a YJ?

Hi All,
I'm getting ready to buy a lift kit, not sure which one. i know i can't spend to much. and not doing any kind of major off roading. please help thnaks

blackgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
srad711
2003 WJ 

Fabtech 3.5
srad711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
crazymon01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

trust me.. u will not regret stayin away from the rough country lifts... i wish i woulda researched them b4 i bought mine.. 99% of the posts i have read on here bout them is they suck a$$.. and they do... mine are t\less than a year old and all 4 of em are sagging real bad or bent. also one have has even been replaced already.. i am currently getiin ready to get the rubicon express lift.. i have read nuhin but good about them
307 -> 411 gear swap
lock rite locker on the dana 35
33 x 12.50 Mickey Thompson radial MTZ
4.5" Rubicon Express heavy duty Suspension Lift
currie boomerang shackles
8,000 lbs. Winch
bikini top
tonneau cover
pictures?? http://www.cardomain.com/id/ironm98
crazymon01@aol.com
crazymon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Yule16MET

be happy you didnt buy Pro Comp, but im happy with mine sort of
1990 YJ lerado,Soa,2.5R.E.springs,8.8,4.88'sPSC trail cage&rocker nockers w/sliderbars,home made bumpers, 35"boggers,sye, tomwoodsds, revolvers, red & yellow optima, bushwackers,corbeua ss seats,mc2100,juicebox, 3core rad., b&mshifter and highlift,5point harnesses,wheel spacers,9000lb mile marker,ssdash kit,no sway bar, no trackbar, walmart lights,clinometer, XJ passenger shaft, axle tube seals, M.O.R.E track bar

And a Monster Yellow CJ5
40x17's 12"lift full cage
Blackjeepclub #16
Armyjeepclub #16-#1
yellowjeepclub #BIG16
Yule16MET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
GroundClearance
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll have to go with everyone else, Rubicon Express, its what I run, and most of my friends run, great kits. No one has ever been disaponted that I met, I would stay away from RC though, I installed one on my buddys XJ a month or so ago, and the springs are a little bit tweaked already.
'94 Grand Cherokee ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006
'47 CJ2A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knatdog55
matt, you are a dirty hooker, deal with it....
U.S. NAVY JEEP HULL # 41

TGC4x4 NOW WORKING
GroundClearance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I am running a used Rusty's and am very satisfied with it. Nice ride and plenty of flex. Had to cut my fenders to keep my 33's from getting into the fenders. A friend has a 4" Rough Country that is now a 2" Rough Country. Sagged quickly.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've been running RC's 4" kit for 3 years now, I'm quite happy with it.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #8
BigMikey

Same here, im quiet satisfied with my RC lift. Although i have the nitrogen shocks which always reset themselves unlike gas shocks.
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
blackgnx
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Damn really that bad huh? I can't believe they can sell that crap, guess the way they heat the leafs are not correct.

Ok so I'm not getting RC. What about Rustys off road kit it seem to have everything in the kit. I think? can someone double check it I'll paste what it comes with below. I plan on putting on 1 inch shakles too, with 33" swamppers, and 15x8 black cragers. All as a daily driver/part time mild off roader. Rusty kit is $460, $60 more then RC with more parts. plus the leafs have the military wrap. Sorry , I'm a first timer to a jeep, I've always wanted to build one. I'm getting ready to buy a jeep 91-95 model. Getting close I can't wait..

Code: RORYJ-4
Price:$460.00

Quantity:
Rusty's 4 inch kit is a great way to get the clearance for 33 inch tires without compromising the on road ride. Both the front and rear springs have 5 leafs for a smooth ride. Full military wrap springs for the necessary strength needed for beating the rocks. Bolt on style spring clips and nylon slider pads for unbelievable flex. Rubber bushings are used in the frame mount of the spring for better flex and that quality ride. Poly bushings are used at the shackle end of the spring, this gives the stability for superior handling. Installation is bolt on with only a couple of holes to drill. This kits is a great value, the quality of parts used are as good or better than kits priced twice as much.

Kit comes complete with all parts listed:
1 pair of front leaf springs - 165lb. spring rate
1 pair of rear leaf springs - 165lb. spring rate
Bushings and sleeves
Front and rear U-bolts
Front and rear trac bar brackets
Front sway bar links
Brake line extension brackets
Billet transfer case drop kit
4 - Rusty's Premium Shocks
Complete installation Instructions
Unread 06-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #10
Flashfoto
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Have RC on my '88 and my '94 in 4 year's, I have had no problem with either set. The kit is complete & the staff has always been helpful.
Flashfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #11
ghiradelli777
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Express 4" stanard is a great buy and very easy to install with basic tools

you will need SYE and longer rear DS
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #12
mjs812812

Anyone running skyjacker 6" monolinear. I was wonder how good or bad it is. I was considering it, it looks like a good kit.
mjs812812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
jeepinblood

Go Rusty's!

This is from Rusty's. Just alittle inside info.

Quote:
Rusty's springs are manufactured by the same company that makes Rancho , Fabtech, Rubicon Express, Rubicon was having problems with their coil company and asked who we where using and are now using them.

The spring that we offer now is the best of both worlds. Some people that dont carry a load and want the softer ride will even pull the bottom 6th leaf out because they dont need the load capasity. The springs as well as all of Rusty's Off Road products carry a full Limited Lifetime warranty, which means that with a leaf spring; if it droops or breaks we replace, as long as it hasn't been in an accident or such.
I had a Rusty's 4.5in lift on my Xj and loved it. Go Rusty's! They are a very personable company.
jeepinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
Quad411

I have a RC lift on my xj for a year now, and there is no sag or tweaking. RC has changed there design, from what they used to have. I was also told by RC, as long as you have your receipt, they warranty the springs.
Quad411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #15
blackgnx
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Cool thanks guys, Well I think i'm gonna do ol Rustys. Is this all i need below? Plus isn't the military wrap better to have then not have. i think RC don't have Miliray wraps on theres. Just that alone tells me to stick with Rustys right for an extra 40 buck or what ever????

Code: RORYJ-4
Price:$460.00

Quantity:
Rusty's 4 inch kit is a great way to get the clearance for 33 inch tires without compromising the on road ride. Both the front and rear springs have 5 leafs for a smooth ride. Full military wrap springs for the necessary strength needed for beating the rocks. Bolt on style spring clips and nylon slider pads for unbelievable flex. Rubber bushings are used in the frame mount of the spring for better flex and that quality ride. Poly bushings are used at the shackle end of the spring, this gives the stability for superior handling. Installation is bolt on with only a couple of holes to drill. This kits is a great value, the quality of parts used are as good or better than kits priced twice as much.

Kit comes complete with all parts listed:
1 pair of front leaf springs - 165lb. spring rate
1 pair of rear leaf springs - 165lb. spring rate
Bushings and sleeves
Front and rear U-bolts
Front and rear trac bar brackets
Front sway bar links
Brake line extension brackets
Billet transfer case drop kit
4 - Rusty's Premium Shocks
Complete installation Instructions

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.