Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #106
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

well brown santa brought me my b-day present this morning. heres some pics of most of the kit, and some of the new springs:

it's getting installed in about an hour, so excpect a write up in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #107
pushead

I would like to know what the defaniton of abuse is as stated in the warranty? People are buying these from an offroad parts distributor with the intent of offroad use and they are sold for the same.

Copied from the RC home page.......
"Our lift kits are designed with the installer in mind and ease of installation as well as on and off road performance." This is from the RC home page.

Copied out of the warranty statement....
(3) Products or components which have been subjected to abuse, accident, alteration, modification, improper installation, tampering, negligence, misuse, installed on a vehicle used in sanctioned racing events
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #108
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

When a kit goes through the warranty process we require pictures of the product so we can determine if it is covered. A bent spring like the ones above will not be warrantied because it is not a product failure it is customer abuse. A spring that is sagging will be covered under the warranty. I am not on here to tell you I am the king of all lift companies and all other kits suck, I am on here to let you know that we do have a great quality kit for a great price and great customer service to back it all up.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #109
merlin7782
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had a RC 4" lift on my 93 wrangler... I would beat it up every weekend and never had sag or a bent spring... I'm sure if you baja any suspension it's going to bend...
merlin7782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #110
YJ_Aaron
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Got the replacement springs today. Thanks man! Hopefully they will be on next week.

http://ozarksjeepthing.com/c/index.php
YJ_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #111
The_Duke
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
In other words your warranty is a non existent joke as I said before.

Folks, don't waste your money. Save a little more and get a quality product with a REAL warranty. BDS for example has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I know a few people who have broken a BDS spring and BDS sent them a brand new spring free of charge no questions asked even if the spring was several years old.
The way I see it is this.

The spring that you bent was obviously your fault and would have happened to ANY spring on the market. To prevent that from happening, you could have done a little research and got yourself some boomerang shackles.

If the MFG decides to replace a damaged spring out of the goodness of their hearts, you should be gratefull for it, but not expect it.

So, let's say you go buy a brand new JK. You take it off road and roll it. You bent the roll bar and trashed the hard top. You take it back to the jeep dealer and ask them to warranty it. What do you think they would tell you?
GO F- YOURSELF!!!!!

I know from people who posted here and from other people that RC HAS in fact warranteed springs that they had no legal obligation to replace. I think that is quite admirable of them to do that.

Would I hope that they would do that if I bent a spring? You betcha.
Would I expect them to give me a new spring for one I damaged? Hell, no.

I'm in business myself. I don't sell much offroad stuff, but I sell alot of aftermarket auto parts, so I can appreciate the level of customer service that RC provides.

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with RC, but think they make a good product that they stand behind.

They are taking the initiative to make things right for thier previous customers. I bet they sent out several replacement kits that they would never have had to if they hadn't started this thread.

Thanks RC!!
'95 YJ, 4.0L I6, 4" Rough Country Lift, Warn Floating Axle, M.O.R.E. Boomerang Shackles, 33x12.5 Kuhmo M/Ts, 9500 LB Warn HS9500i with synthetic line and 7500 LB Winch, Hi-Lift, KC Daylighters, OBA, K&N High Performance Intake System, Tube Steps, and an Aussie up front.

1998 XJ Limited Sport - Stock....for now.
The_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #112
RedneckYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I am planning on ordering your 1.5" kit either tomorrow or Saturday. I do have a question for you. As was stated before about those "Huge" shackles. Those look to be the Performance Accessories 1.25" lift shackles. Correct me if I am wrong. It was stated that they may have been the cause of the bent spring. I am planning on running a set of 1" lift shackles with this 1.5" kit. If these "Huge" shackles are what is causing the bent springs then either yall need to acknowledge that and fix it or I need to look elsewhere. People are going to run lift shackles just due to the fact that is a cheap and easy way to gain a inch, and if yall's springs can't take that then you either need to make that clear to the consumer or address the issue. Just my 2 cents though. Please let me know if these shackles are going to cause my springs to bend, sag, or anything at all.
Thanks
Robbie
RedneckYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #113
jeepyj027
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sorry to bother you but rough country, you've got mail. I sent those pics of the springs to you.
4" Rough Country lift
33x13.50x15 tsl's on 10" steel wheels
Red Jeep Club #448
jeepyj027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #114
The_Duke
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckYJ View Post
I am planning on ordering your 1.5" kit either tomorrow or Saturday. I do have a question for you. As was stated before about those "Huge" shackles. Those look to be the Performance Accessories 1.25" lift shackles. Correct me if I am wrong. It was stated that they may have been the cause of the bent spring. I am planning on running a set of 1" lift shackles with this 1.5" kit. If these "Huge" shackles are what is causing the bent springs then either yall need to acknowledge that and fix it or I need to look elsewhere. People are going to run lift shackles just due to the fact that is a cheap and easy way to gain a inch, and if yall's springs can't take that then you either need to make that clear to the consumer or address the issue. Just my 2 cents though. Please let me know if these shackles are going to cause my springs to bend, sag, or anything at all.
Thanks
Robbie
The 2 issues with lift shackles are these:

1. The 1" lift shackles are 2 inches longer that stock(6" instead of 4"). This effects the castor anglewhich can affect steering.

2. Kickback. Any standard shackle can kickback. This happens when the axle droops to the point where the shackle is verticle. with the right forces on the axle, the shackle may pop back in the wrong direction horizontal to the frame. This forces the spring back, but since the rear is mounted to the frame, it cannot move, thus the spring must give way.

I do not see that it has anything to do with the lift MFGs to "disclose" anything about the shackles.

Your best bet is to get Boomerang shackles (AKA, anti-kickback).
'95 YJ, 4.0L I6, 4" Rough Country Lift, Warn Floating Axle, M.O.R.E. Boomerang Shackles, 33x12.5 Kuhmo M/Ts, 9500 LB Warn HS9500i with synthetic line and 7500 LB Winch, Hi-Lift, KC Daylighters, OBA, K&N High Performance Intake System, Tube Steps, and an Aussie up front.

1998 XJ Limited Sport - Stock....for now.
The_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #115
theafus
1998 ZJ 

I just got my new RC lift on a few weeks ago and have to say that so far I love it. Mine rides better than my factory suspension, but that could be due to many things. All in all so far I am impressed.
theafus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #116
Calvin4186
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Since I got my jeep, I had originally planned on getting either the rubicon express or the black diamond 4" lift, and hadn't considered RC due to past comments about sagging. However, after reading and following this thread, I think I'll be ordering the RC 4" when that time/money comes around!
Calvin4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #117
Allstar
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I may have missed it but what about the 6" kits. I have this kit going on my 92 yj as we speak.......
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #118
dos0711
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My kit is suppose to be here today...fingers crossed!

/l , [____],
l---L--[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)==@=)_)
dos0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #119
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
I am not on here to tell you I am the king of all lift companies and all other kits suck, I am on here to let you know that we do have a great quality kit for a great price and great customer service to back it all up.
Best comment, from a company, that I have seen in a long time.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #120
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
In other words your warranty is a non existent joke as I said before.
Just curious, out of all the posts here, you were the only one with a negative warranty experience. About 10 other positive warranty posts. This is after they (I think) replaced several of your springs under warranty.

So, just keeping it all in perspective.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.