Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #826
johnh

is their a code to use to get the 10% forum discount and free shipping for to day no one is answering the phone.

johnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #827
Godchsr
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh View Post
is their a code to use to get the 10% forum discount and free shipping for to day no one is answering the phone.
They closed at 5 Eastern time

The 10% discount is for 'paying' members of this site. Keep in mind that is a $30 investment that gives you an immediate $45 off the kit.

He may have been being nice BUT right before I called him he had told me that if I couldn't get the money till tomorrow he would still give me free shipping. I imagine he'll do the same for you???
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #828
Goobersbro

uhm

my friend got the 10% discount and he doenst pay for this site... and he is a pretty cool guy he will probably help ya out with the whole shipping thing
Unread 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #829
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ryan I sent you pics of my springs to ans@roughcountry.com
is that the right place? If not let me know thanks.
Unread 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #830
jeepking90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I purchased a 4 in. over the summer, and while i was installing the leaf springs bolts i was just snugging them up and the threads striped right off the bolt and nut! this was on every single bolt and nut that was supplied in the kit!

I e-mailed you guys before but there was no feedback.
jeepking90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #831
OhioYJ

Many of the people who talk bad about RoughCountry have never owned a RoughCountry lift, they just repeat stuff they hear off of the forums, right, wrong, they don't care. I first put a RoughCountry lift on my YJ, and I got exactly 4" of lift, no more, no less. These where the "original" springs, and even after wheeling on them for a couple years, with no bump stops, I never hurt them. After going SOA on them, wrapped a front set (in an emergency stop), which was no fault of RoughCountry, any spring would have done so put in the same situation, I bought another set (actually RoughCountry cut me a deal I couldn't refuse on the second set, even though it wasn't their fault, and I was using their product in a manner in which they weren't intended). Everyone that rides in my Jeep comments on how smooth it is.

RoughCountry's service is top notch, back when I first bought my lift, I had one issue, and they fixed it right away, no questions asked.

I'm tired of all the "newbies", gauging the quality of a lift based on nothing more than how much lift it gives you. I can't tell you how many times, I've heard, I bought this lift (typically RE) and I got 4.5", 5" out of a 4" kit. Then shortly there after I see posts, about my Jeep rides like a tank, my Jeep doesn't flex. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying RE doesn't make a nice product)

I'm getting to the point where I need new leaf springs again, and I'm a little concerned about the switch in RoughCountry's leaf spring supplier, I don't want a stiffer, more arched spring, has the spring rate changed? My Jeep rides very nice, and anytime I'm on the trail I get asked about my springs, they are very soft and flexy, I liked the old RoughCountry springs. I'm wondering if the new ones will be the same quality or not?
95 YJ: SOA, locked 44, locked 8.8, 37s, beadlocks, OBA, winch, and a few other things. [URL=http://www.cdmfabrication.com/aboutmel.html]My Build-Up Post[/URL] -- [URL=http://www.cdmfabrication.com/kbl.html]SWB FAQ[/URL] -- Mike

Last edited by OhioYJ; 11-29-2008 at 08:45 PM..
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #832
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking90 View Post
I purchased a 4 in. over the summer, and while i was installing the leaf springs bolts i was just snugging them up and the threads striped right off the bolt and nut! this was on every single bolt and nut that was supplied in the kit!

I e-mailed you guys before but there was no feedback.
That's not good & seems very odd.

If it were me - I would have been on the phone asap & not tried to use email except as a last resort. Nor would I have attempted tightening every single bolt to see if I got the same results.

I'd try contacting them directly to see if they can help resolve whatever the problem might be.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #833
plyguitar45
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ordered the 2.5" suspension lift today with a little extra stuff and got 10% off and free shipping

-SOLD MY JEEP :(-
2.5L Red '91 YJ w/ 2.5" RC lift, 2" BL, 31" MT Baja Claws, Superwinch LP8500, RH4x4 Front Bumper, JKS Quick Disco's, Rampage Nerf Bars
plyguitar45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #834
Dantheshan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ryan i sent you a message but idk if you got it. I ordered my lift last wednesday and found out on friday that i could have waited and gotten free shipping... so is there any possible way to get my money back for shipping or is it just tough luck?
Dantheshan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #835
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Why isnt this thread a sticky?
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #836
yjislander
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well I finished my 2.5'' kit today. It jumped up alot like nearly 5". I will post pics in the morning if yall want to see. Oh, and it pretty much swallowed my 30x9.50x15, pretty sure I could totally fit 32x10.50's no problem
penaties™
cought™
buissinesses™
mabey™
seel™
come'in™

Christian Jeeper #4

92 Yj on 32's
2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I'm so poor, I bought a hooker then beat her up and took my fake money back.
yjislander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #837
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You will net more lift untill the springs settle in with road driving. Its taken mine about 6 months to finally start breaking in.

2.5" lift will fit 32s nicely, compliment that with TJ flares and your ready to...rock!
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #838
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrio View Post
Why isnt this thread a sticky?
We already have too many stickys. Besides, it tends to stay on the first page anyway.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:49 AM   #839
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Ryan, I emailed you pictures on saturday and you got back to me that same night asking me about a copy of my invoice because you could see where my springs were sagging. I told you my mom used her credit card over the phone for my B-day and called quadratec. So I dont have a copy of the invoice it was around a year ago. Is there anything that I can do like see if she can get a copy of her statement from the bank? Im not sure what to do. I tried to email you back at rchase@roughcountry.com and it wouldnt go through. Thanks look forward to hearing from you.
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #840
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaikYJ View Post
Hi Ryan, I emailed you pictures on saturday and you got back to me that same night asking me about a copy of my invoice because you could see where my springs were sagging. I told you my mom used her credit card over the phone for my B-day and called quadratec. So I dont have a copy of the invoice it was around a year ago. Is there anything that I can do like see if she can get a copy of her statement from the bank? Im not sure what to do. I tried to email you back at rchase@roughcountry.com and it wouldnt go through. Thanks look forward to hearing from you.
I can't find anything in the computer under that name. We don't sell to quadratec but if you can get a bank statement from your mom and you can send it to me at ans@roughcountry.com.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.