Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 11-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #751
QuantumYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear that Rusty, hope he's ok.

I've been out of service for two weeks from a mishap with a boxblade. I've been cutting things properly for 25 years (ok, yeah, I'm old) but this one time I'm upside down cutting a hose (the wrong way ) and almost cut my arm off. Missed all the important stuff but still took 6 stitches. Sad thing was it wasn't even the Jeep I was working on.

Point is, it's easy to get in a hurry and do something stupid (my case, not necessarily your brothers) and accidents happen. I'm gonna make an extra effort towards safety, not having use of your hand for two weeks will wake you up!

QuantumYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #752
GoDevilGper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just figured I throw my 2 cents in. I just intalled a 4" RC kit the other day on my '93 YJ. installation went fairly easy only a few quarks to the system (i.e. the shims on the rear leaf packs were reversed it was a simple fix to loosen the packs and turn them the correct way; also the 3 bolts for the track bar brackets weren't listed so well in the directions to which bolt went where, it only took a few seconds to correct so no big deal; the only major issue was the rear track bar bracket didn't fit the original bracket on the frame, it was too wide we ended up having to bend the original bracket out some and pound the new bracket into the old one.) The thing I honestly liked about the installation was that we didn't have to disconnect any of the brake lines when we installed the extentsion brackets. Aside from these few issues I listed the whole kit was well put together and organized and would have been done and put together in 3 hours had it not been for the rear bracket issue. All in all loved the customer service, exceptional delivery time of 3 days and relatively straight forward assembly. As for the individuals that wrote that the suspension is rough I'm curious because mine rides great but then again my rig rides heavy due to accessories and recovery gear a rough ride was my stock suspension that was completely shot for the past 85k of its 185k life.
GoDevilGper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #753
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevilGper View Post
Just figured I throw my 2 cents in. I just intalled a 4" RC kit the other day on my '93 YJ. installation went fairly easy only a few quarks to the system (i.e. the shims on the rear leaf packs were reversed it was a simple fix to loosen the packs and turn them the correct way; also the 3 bolts for the track bar brackets weren't listed so well in the directions to which bolt went where, it only took a few seconds to correct so no big deal; the only major issue was the rear track bar bracket didn't fit the original bracket on the frame, it was too wide we ended up having to bend the original bracket out some and pound the new bracket into the old one.) The thing I honestly liked about the installation was that we didn't have to disconnect any of the brake lines when we installed the extentsion brackets. Aside from these few issues I listed the whole kit was well put together and organized and would have been done and put together in 3 hours had it not been for the rear bracket issue. All in all loved the customer service, exceptional delivery time of 3 days and relatively straight forward assembly. As for the individuals that wrote that the suspension is rough I'm curious because mine rides great but then again my rig rides heavy due to accessories and recovery gear a rough ride was my stock suspension that was completely shot for the past 85k of its 185k life.
Glad you like it!........got any pics???
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #754
cb11
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ryan, sent you a PM on those front shock bushings. Let me know. Thx.
cb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #755
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb11 View Post
Ryan, sent you a PM on those front shock bushings. Let me know. Thx.
Got you taken care of it will ship out today and you should see it by Friday!!
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #756
KennyTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have anyone running 35's with the 4"????

I have 1" lift bomerang shakles and the wheel wells cut out with TJ flares and have 33" Thornbirds (on 15x10 wheels) with about 4" clearance from the tire to the flare.

I was hoping I could stay with a 4" lift with this set-up and run 35's????

What do you guys think?
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #757
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyTJ View Post

I have 1" lift bomerang shakles and the wheel wells cut out with TJ flares and have 33" Thornbirds (on 15x10 wheels) with about 4" clearance from the tire to the flare.

What do you guys think?
To be honest I have not seen any but I'm sure they are out there, since you have the cut fenders and TJ flares you should have enough room.
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #758
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

not gonna be enough to clear 35s in the front when flexed. rear will be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #759
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got my 4" suspension system today with upgraded nitro shocks along with SS lines, 2.2 steering stabilizer, and sway bar disco's. Thankx Ryan!

Will post a pic of Jeep after Thanksgiving break.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #760
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went to order the kit and it's 7:40, says you guys are open until 8, what gives?

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #761
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What do you guys think?
I am running that setup, but with a 2" bodylift. Without the bumpstops in the front it scrubs bad enough to bend the fenders. So I put in the front bumpstops and that keeps it from hitting the fenders. In the rear if I had any less than the 2" of body lift it would scrub there too. What I have works but I'd like to have another inch or two of suspension to really flex it out like it could........But I wouldn't recommend 35's w/ just the 4" & shackles & TJ flares unless you are doing some flat fender or comp cut stuff. If you are interested I've got lots of pics in my build thread (link in signature)
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #762
GoDevilGper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
Glad you like it!........got any pics???
No pictures yet, but shortly when I do I'll post a link to them.
GoDevilGper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 05:50 AM   #763
cb11
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
Got you taken care of it will ship out today and you should see it by Friday!!
Thx again.
Unread 11-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #764
cb11
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What do you guys think?
The pic in my gallery is mine with 35" boggers. Its got the 4" RC, 1" lift shackles and a 2" body. It would flex into the stock flares in the rear and the fender in the front, but just barely.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #765
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provinT13 View Post
Went to order the kit and it's 7:40, says you guys are open until 8, what gives?
My only thought is that there are only two guys working from 7-8 and they could have been swamped and if that was the case you never would have gotten through. I am here until 7pm (cst) tonight so feel free to call me.

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.