Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 03-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #31
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond88yj View Post
I give RC a huge two thumbs up

I bought an older RC 4" lift around 2001, had many years of decent service from it. About 4 mos ago I noticed it had lost about an inch and the RR spring about 2 inches.

So on a whim, I wrote RC (Ryan,, Rough Country on JF I think) and asked about their warranty. The springs have a lifetime warranty, and with no fuss at all and super good customer service, Ryan sent me out a brand new 4' kit. Bushings, the whole works. Had it in four days. I didn't have a receipt due to it being so long ago, they simply looked me up in the system.

The new springs they sent are 10x better than the originals, they flexed like mad on day one and have a much smoother ride. The quality of the kit, right down to the bolts is vastly improved.

Best kit on the market for the price. RC has me as a customer for life now, between the value of the kit, the great customer service and ease of doing business with them.

I highly recommend the product.
X2 ON THIS POST. RC,THANK U FOR OWNING UP TO YOUR PROBLEMS, AND SENDING ME MUCH BETTER SPRINGS.

1tuffyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #32
Tarheelkidd
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have the RC 4" lift installed in August. So far, everything is fine. The guy that installed my lift stated that I would be very unhappy with it. He had one previously and took it off after 6 months. Once he installed it, he could not belive the difference compared to the kit he had. I bought it from Peformance Off Road Center. I tried to purchase a Rubicon Express lift, but the saleman told me for as little wheeling as I do, that I would be much happier with the RC lift since they have upgrade ther leaf springs. So, add me to the list of those who want to know when you changed the springs. I think I have the newer ones, but I want to be sure.

Anyway, so far so good. The ride is smoother than the original springs.

Last edited by Tarheelkidd; 03-09-2008 at 08:57 PM..
Tarheelkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #33
techx
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 94 YJ with a RC 4inch lift. I installed it myself 2 years ago. After completing the front install, I found out the kit I had ordered was missing a couple of minor parts, either lost by myself or before packaging. I called the Customer Service and it was sent to me quickly. Easy fix. I completed the install. There has been noticable sagging, but I have subjected my wrangler to some hard 4wheeling. Even after a couple runs of all 4 tires leaving the ground and physically hopping 3-4 times during landing, this suspension kit has held up many times over what I expected from the price. The only problems I had after the install other than the slow sagging have been that my jeep is difficult to shift into 1st gear, which can be fixed but havent had the time, and the ride quality. For the price, and being a JEEP with a suspension lift, I somewhat enjoy the stiffness of the suspension, but although I feel it is rough, I also remind myself the Shocks in the kit are not #1 quality, and if I really wanted a better ride I could go and buy some higher quality shocks and this would help the situation. Remember your paying a discount price for a kit and should expect it to be of a little lesser quality in some places. If you are wanting to do it yourself, I would recommend this kit. The instructions are very clear, the customer support is exceptional, and for the value of the parts, it is a price that cant be beat. I would buy from them again, and since the leafs are warrantied, I may soon call them and get them replaced, but otherwise I have no room to complain. Thanks again RC.
techx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #34
schizm99
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I speak highly of the RC kits on here, check my post! My lift has stayed up and the ride well its a jeep. I did bend one front spring last year and haven't called for a replacement yet. I do not blame RC for this as my navigator winched me over a rock that caught my shackle. All and all I am happy with what I got for the money. However could you please for the next guy add bolts for the leafs. I had to cut mine off and had a hella time finding new ones!
front lunch box lockers w/posi-lok
uniden cb, gt steering wheel, 4.10 gears
and anything else homemade
schizm99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #35
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD6973 View Post
I would also like to know when you guys switched to the new springs?
We started sending out the new springs about a year ago, but keep in mind that some of our vendors might have had kits with old springs at that same time.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #36
wessy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I will be seriously considering a lift this summer and what I'm hearing right now about the qulity of the springs improving has made up my mind on what to get. I think that for the price of the kit I will prob check you guys out first.

[COLOR="Red"]CANADIAN[/COLOR][COLOR="White"]WHEELER[/COLOR]
wessy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
LibertyWrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
We started sending out the new springs about a year ago, but keep in mind that some of our vendors might have had kits with old springs at that same time.
So if we order directly from your website, are we garunteed the new leaf springs? How much is shipping?
LibertyWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
ImRaptor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Had my RC lift in for just a year now and no sagging for me; still lots of clearance over my 33's.

for me.
ImRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyWrangler View Post
So if we order directly from your website, are we garunteed the new leaf springs? How much is shipping?
Good question
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #40
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Yes if you order you will get new springs, and as for shipping it depends on your location.
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #41
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Ryan,

Sincere compliments to you and your crew for being so up front about the changes. Customer service with you folks has always been 1st rate!
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #42
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Thank you very much that is what we aim for! By the way how are the new springs doin?
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #43
cooltc2004
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hi,
I was wondering if there was an easy way to tell if my lift RC Lift Kit is a 4" (Do you even sell a 2"?). The PO said that it is a 4", but he also told me that 4x4 Posi-Lok engaged posi on the front dif . Second question is since I bought the Jeep with the lift on it, does the warranty still apply ?

Thanks

/edit: And may I add that I really like the RC lift, it rides decent and is holding up great (has been on the Jeep for probably 2 years so far, no sag from what I can see).
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #44
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
Thank you very much that is what we aim for! By the way how are the new springs doin?
AWESOME!!

Do you guys have any plans for a 2 or 3" kit? My son's new YJ is coming along, but I'm a little hesitant about bringing it up 4".
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #45
YJ_Aaron
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pics sent to email listed.

Thanks for the fast response Ryan.... look forward to having the new springs.

http://ozarksjeepthing.com/c/index.php

Last edited by YJ_Aaron; 03-10-2008 at 12:50 PM..
YJ_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.