Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 208 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Bds suspension discount

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #3106
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCustom View Post
My ride on a 4" lift (net 3.5") is quite rough but as soon as it warms up again, I will be pulling the track bars to see if that smooths thing out a little.
Does pulling the track bars off do anything to the RC warranty?
no. I run mine with no sway or rear tracbar. I just need to get rid of the front bar now

Unread 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #3107
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My front springs have a bend in them in the front.... Will RC replace my front springs?
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #3108
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep
My front springs have a bend in them in the front.... Will RC replace my front springs?
They should replace them. Call them up and see what they say.
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #3109
tomjohn777
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good Luck, I called when one of my RC springs broke. Their response "send $$". Maybe you'll have better luck
tomjohn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #3110
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjohn777 View Post
Good Luck, I called when one of my RC springs broke. Their response "send $$". Maybe you'll have better luck
Maybe because their **** breaks so much, that they can't afford to foot the bill anymore?

I don't know, but I'm still switching out my setup anyway before that becomes an issue. I'd rather swap out to a better suspension system and leave the RC kit behind, being one of the few that can say they didn't have much of a problem with the RC setup. I don't want to know how their customer service would be with me, cause if it ended up being like yours? Well, then I'd have absolutely nothing good to say about them at all.

It flexes nice after sagging though!

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #3111
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rough country's customer service is erratic like that. You'll call one day to order and get a nice rep and hang up happy then call back the next day and get a complete jerk.
TrentYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #3112
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So what happened to the RC guy on here?
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #3113
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just put my 4" RC lift on and I love it. Perfect so far.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #3114
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Maybe because their **** breaks so much, that they can't afford to foot the bill anymore?

I don't know, but I'm still switching out my setup anyway before that becomes an issue. I'd rather swap out to a better suspension system and leave the RC kit behind, being one of the few that can say they didn't have much of a problem with the RC setup. I don't want to know how their customer service would be with me, cause if it ended up being like yours? Well, then I'd have absolutely nothing good to say about them at all.

It flexes nice after sagging though!
My springs are "popping" when they flex, and I'm not going to bother with any sort of warranty. They sent me a wrong part that I paid for and didn't refund me the correct amount. I explained, but they never bothered to help me out. It wasn't a great deal of money, but the principle of the issue.
So, when it comes time I'm switching to OME and should have done so from the beginning. If you do a bit if research, it is something you should do from the start. However, most get hung up on the price and I was no exception. Buy quality and cry once.
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #3115
stockyj

again this is what ive hauled its full allway into front seat yeah it sagged down but once the weight was removed it was fine again,, that is probably the 20th load this year.
stockyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #3116
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzpete View Post
My springs are "popping" when they flex, and I'm not going to bother with any sort of warranty. They sent me a wrong part that I paid for and didn't refund me the correct amount. I explained, but they never bothered to help me out. It wasn't a great deal of money, but the principle of the issue.
So, when it comes time I'm switching to OME and should have done so from the beginning. If you do a bit if research, it is something you should do from the start. However, most get hung up on the price and I was no exception. Buy quality and cry once.
The spring packs all are crooked on mine. The leafs all look like they're trying to go every which way.

Still functions perfectly fine, but after riding in my friends YJ with a 2.5 OME suspension... I was sold on getting another lift. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fact that my Jeep literally feels like the axles are just welded to the frame, but it killed my back (already messed up from something else) and made the back pains worse a few times. Just softening it up a little would help.

So now my new suspension is basically going to be the Rubicon Express 4.5 XD springs, fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, and MORE 3/8s boom shackles.

Maybe if RC decides to show up all the big guys out there, I'll go back to it... but that's not happening anytime soon.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #3117
modfox
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Took mine off road for the first time today and guess what happened.
Yup. A bent spring on very mild wheeling!!
image-35739740.jpg  
modfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #3118
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfox
Well thats show as hell not good.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #3119
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfox View Post
WOW. I've wheeled mine pretty dang hard. Both my fronts are bent but they aren't even noticeable unless you look really hard!
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #3120
modfox
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I talked to Rough Country this morning. They are replacing it for me. Sent them the pictures.
They were very easy to deal with!!

They said this big of a bend is not common.
modfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.