Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 205 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #3061
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

didnt RE go out of business so long ago, did they come back?

The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #3062
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yup, rubicon express is back. stoked.
branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #3063
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i dont know my r.c springs never saged ,not even 1/2 inch so i must have got lucky but they have a new contractor making them now , and i heard there alot stronger and better now , if you dont want to spend $300 more just to make everyone else happy just buy the r.c my 2 cents.
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM   #3064
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i have an rc 3" on my xj, its not bad. a couple years ago they reworked their kits from what i understand. i found that i had to buy new hardware as they dont supply it and i dont like reusing a lot of suspension hardware. but if you can afford the RE kit, i have never heard or seen anything bad.
'79 CJ7 sold
'82 CJ7 parted
'89 MJ sold

SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:32 AM   #3065
USMC3531
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No problems with my RC 2.5 lift.....spend what you want, it's your money.
USMC3531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #3066
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
No problems with my RC 2.5 lift.....spend what you want, it's your money.
Yes, at the end of the day, it is a personal choice. Take your time and don't get snowballed by price.
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #3067
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris9126 View Post
Would you say a 4" & 31's on stock axles would be too much for daily highway driving/weekend fun? I drive 24 miles every weekday to school. Highway all the way @ 65. Other than that I pretty much take it easy on it, what do you guys think?
you be fine. i DD/offroad my yj on 5" lift(4" RC lift+1" rc boom shackles), do 70mile round trips to school and back. 31" tires are fine on stock axles heck theres folks on here running 35s on stock axles not recommended but has been done.
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #3068
vfrpilot
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just catching this. Not in the mood to read all 205 pages but I can say from experience;
I caught alot of flak years ago when I put a kit on my Yj.. But I can't complain... Two jeeps and just put on my 3rd 4" system. Overall, I'm pleased. Nothin to write headlines about but it's been reliable w no sag on any of em.
My most recent was replaced via insurance...
The olny thing I can say is that the rides rough... But like you're thinkin... It's a jeep man. I ya want a BMW ride quality, buy a BMW. It's a jeep, a lifted jeep. Would I recommend it? If that's what ya can afford..and what ur lookin for, I feel it's worth the money - now even more than before as it has been improved upon. And cust service is good; which nowadays, is crucial.
Just my 2 cents

Posted via my iPhone4 using JF App
l--L-⌐OlllllllO-
▒)¯¯ ▒)--♂-▒)
Criminals thrive on society's indulgence in tolerance
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #3069
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Does Ryan still post in this thread? I need input on RC's 4" Ranger lift.

Also, I sold my jeep, 95 got hit and totaled. I have a 94 Ranger Manual V6 4x4 and a Lowered manual DSG Mustang GT with bolt ons now!
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #3070
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mine have softened up quite a bit in the past year and a half, they've sagged but not too much. They flex real nice now though! When I have weight in the YJ it rides like a stock JK.

I had a 300 pound guy riding in back and a 210 pound guy riding next to me... nicest riding jeep I've ever been in. I imagine when I put all the armor on, the spare tire carrier, and spare tire, it'll be quite nice. I'm also swapping a V8 in so that will also help.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #3071
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Mine have softened up quite a bit in the past year and a half, they've sagged but not too much. They flex real nice now though! When I have weight in the YJ it rides like a stock JK.

I had a 300 pound guy riding in back and a 210 pound guy riding next to me... nicest riding jeep I've ever been in. I imagine when I put all the armor on, the spare tire carrier, and spare tire, it'll be quite nice. I'm also swapping a V8 in so that will also help.

I imagine when you add that much weight you will be riding on the bump stops with RC springs.
Unread 12-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #3072
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

I imagine when you add that much weight you will be riding on the bump stops with RC springs.
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #3073
tomjohn777
1995 YJ Wrangler 

All I can say is that when I broke my 4" RC's I called them and told them about it and they said "just send in $100 ea set and they would be happy to send new one's out. And yes I told them that it was their spring's and I would have been happy to send them Pic's. BDS here I come
tomjohn777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #3074
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post

Probably.

If they do sag considerably more, I'll be going with OME HD springs with their 1 inch shackle lift, and a 1.5 inch body lift.

35s and some trimming are in my future, with OME springs and bilstein 5150s, I'll be needing all the room I can get.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #3075
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjohn777 View Post
All I can say is that when I broke my 4" RC's I called them and told them about it and they said "just send in $100 ea set and they would be happy to send new one's out. And yes I told them that it was their spring's and I would have been happy to send them Pic's. BDS here I come
You must of had a total different expereince than i did for some "odd" reason...

I ran my passenger tire into a tree while rinning around a dry slick swamp..so hard it rolled the Jeep on it's side and inverted the passenger spring beyond repair...
Since it was MY FAULT..i called about a replacement and asked how much?..3 days later at no charge at all to my door i had 2 new front springs with new bushings at my door step..and remember..i only bent ONE spring and they sent me a matching new front pair and they could of easily said NO,because it was not their fault i wrecked it..............

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.