Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #3001
JLRock
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJunkie17 View Post
I just installed a RC 2" body lift on my jeep, and I plan on buying the 4" suspension lift in about 2 weeks (unless of course I could get a good discount seeing as I live paycheck to paycheck with my jeep). I have heard good and bad things about the RC 4" lift, but I'm hoping that with this new spring manufacturer I wont be dissappointed. The 2" body lift went in pretty easy once I fought for hours with the old body mount bolts... everything fit nicely. I would just recommend not having an old rusty jeep

My buddy has a RC 4" lift as well as a RC 1" body lift and the boomerang 1" shackles. He hasn't had any problems with them yet, but they have only been in for about 6 months.

I will let you know how the lift works when I get it.

hahaha i think that'll be a little hard to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman1983 View Post
We had a problem with the front 4" springs on my wifes YJ shortly after installing them in the spring of 2009. I called ryan and he shipped us new front springs- No Charge. The rear springs have finally sagged 2 years later. Once again I called Ryan and a few days later 2 new rear springs arrived free of charge.
so you're telling me, I buy RC 2.5", spring messes up, call RC to tell them and they replace free of charge whenever it happens?!?!?!?! I dont care that's sweet

JLRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #3002
theorvs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well Im a YJ owner and I aint *****en Nice thread Blacksmith
theorvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #3003
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I guess we could throw it out there this way...

I see ALOT of I jsut put my RC lift on and no problems.... great..

who in this thread still has THEIR ORIGINAL RC springs from 4+ years ago, and have not sagged, or had to have them replaced?????

Im on year 6 with my OME, and still no sag, no sag with tire, kids full tank of fuel and gear.... no sag with hardtop and the ride is easily 5x better then stock....

I said it before I dont care what you all use, its your dime...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #3004
sptrmike

1989 YJ Wrangler 

i bought my jeep aug 2009,the po had the lift kit installed the week before i got it, it was brand new shinny out of the box without a speck of road dirt on it. face it crap is crap . i'm going to buy a quality set of springs and guess what i'm only going to have to install them once, so while your taking advantage of your lifetime warranty doing a spring install i'll be out wheeling.
sptrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #3005
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The problem is the word 'kit' RC sell a kit.... a 2.5 or 4" lift is a SET OF SPRINGS... their kit includes sprigns, shocks and ubolts.... any springs shop can get ya ubolts, and shocks get anywhere... springs OME and RC are NOT that far apart for $$... its just OME is 10x better, but they dont sell kits, they sell SPRINGS....

Piece it together

4 new springs
4 new shocks
4 ubolts

if ya go 4" ya need a tcase drop or SYE, eitehr way they dont include them in their kits.... ya still get sprigns shocks and ubolts.... oh and trac bar relocator brackets, most ppl ditch them anyhow, smooths out hte ride and they are not needed, so more spare parts for the junk pile they sold ya...

seriously folks, price out springs VS springs form vendors, not 'kits'

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 05:27 AM   #3006
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
Exactly. tons of bandwagon going on. Also how many people know someone who over paid for something and then spent all his time trying to justify it to others? theres a TON of that going on in this thread.
And then there are folks that justify buying a poorly made product because "it was cheaper."

Quote:
be willing to bet 95% of the people have bought replacement parts from other places than the dealer. I'd be willing to bet most of them use advanced auto and autozone too. People whine just to whine. :thumbdown:

seems like only yj people are whining lol.
This is a YJ forum. It is obvious that only YJ folks are going to complain. I do agree that there are folks that whine just to whine, but if folks really take a good look, there are many legitimate issues with RC.

Quote:
I would not buy from another lift company. Why? Because the price difference on all the kits is 95% mark up. How come none of the xj guys are having problems, including me?
I haven't kept up with "xj guys", but there are enough YJ complaints that YJ folks should pay attention. In other words, I would not support a company that has issues with YJ springs by saying "...but their xj springs are good."

Quote:
the guys running long arms ect? Nobody mentioned how bad a stock yj sags even if you buy stock replacement springs. Couldnt possibly have anything to do with sua ? could it? noooo LOl, and giggidy I was happy to have a kit that lifted me higher than advertised before it settled. All leaf springs settle. You couldnt possibly load them with the force they endure, prior to installing them, to get them to settle on thier own.

Thier prices are un matched. I've never had an issue with customer service.
So either I'm one of the millions of "lucky ones" or people are hating just to hate.

look above, one of the most recent posts was someone who started his whole rant with "the previous owner installed" when? when did he instal it? did you get paper work with a date? Easily could have gotten the bad springs from 08, considering the previous owner put them on who knows when, and 2.5 years after you bought it you are finally *****ing. :nono:

parts arent free. Its cheaper to sell soemthing you think wont fail and not offer a warrenty, than it is to keep replacing products.

So from a business stand point they couldnt afford to constantly replace products if they were realllllly bad, which is why all these other companys have folded up and rough country is still standing.

If there was reallly an issue, the customers would have stopped buying thier stuff and killed the business totally.

There isnt an issue, thumbs up to standing behind your product.
And it seems RC is having a business issue with their products or they wouldn't have solicited for opinions at this point. As I've stated before, this is not the way to run things. One shouldn't bounce around from supplier to supplier "hoping" they stumble onto a good set of springs. That would be like YJ owners buying springs based on price "hoping" they will work just fine because they cost less.

Like most things in life, there are differing opinions on RC, and yours is no less valued than others, but disregarding the multitudes of complaints as "whining" isn't getting anyone anywhere. Real life experiences, good or bad, is, and you can see that there are legitimate issues with RC springs.
The bottom line is that one shouldn't buy on price alone. If I were to do it over again, I would save a bit more and at least have the option of actually choosing based on quality.

To me, RC is kind of the Harbor Freight of springs. Sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes you don't.
nzpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #3007
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Is Ryan no longer a Rough Country rep here or something? I tried to contact him about the warranty and my springs sagging, but he never responded. Now I seen he hasn't been on here since April.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #3008
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie
Is Ryan no longer a Rough Country rep here or something? I tried to contact him about the warranty and my springs sagging, but he never responded. Now I seen he hasn't been on here since April.
Have you tried calling them instead of trying to contact him through JF?
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #3009
schizm99
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzpete View Post
And then there are folks that justify buying a poorly made product because "it was cheaper."

This is a YJ forum. It is obvious that only YJ folks are going to complain. I do agree that there are folks that whine just to whine, but if folks really take a good look, there are many legitimate issues with RC.

I haven't kept up with "xj guys", but there are enough YJ complaints that YJ folks should pay attention. In other words, I would not support a company that has issues with YJ springs by saying "...but their xj springs are good."

And it seems RC is having a business issue with their products or they wouldn't have solicited for opinions at this point. As I've stated before, this is not the way to run things. One shouldn't bounce around from supplier to supplier "hoping" they stumble onto a good set of springs. That would be like YJ owners buying springs based on price "hoping" they will work just fine because they cost less.

Like most things in life, there are differing opinions on RC, and yours is no less valued than others, but disregarding the multitudes of complaints as "whining" isn't getting anyone anywhere. Real life experiences, good or bad, is, and you can see that there are legitimate issues with RC springs.
The bottom line is that one shouldn't buy on price alone. If I were to do it over again, I would save a bit more and at least have the option of actually choosing based on quality.

To me, RC is kind of the Harbor Freight of springs. Sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes you don't.

I don't see where the other guys are here asking for your opinions.. At least you have immediate access to these people! So quit whining!
front lunch box lockers w/posi-lok
uniden cb, gt steering wheel, 4.10 gears
and anything else homemade
schizm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #3010
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizm99 View Post
I don't see where the other guys are here asking for your opinions.. At least you have immediate access to these people! So quit whining!
Go back to the original post by the RC rep. He specifically asked for "opinions".
nzpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #3011
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
I was surpised to not see them in my shackle thread. I mean. that was a deffinitive question about thier product.

I shouldnt have to call them and say LOG ON JEEP FORUM TO LOOK AT THE PICTURE to tell me if its okay, I mean, they use to be an advid part of the community.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #3012
sirhc76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
Same here,Two weeks ago I emailed him with no response. From what I read calling them will result in you being asked to email pictures. I decided to skip that step and initiate the conversation via email, doesn't appear to be the correct course of action.

I also have the springs with a sticker that show made in Canada which I believed to be the new and improved springs. I've decided to simply abandon the hopes of getting replacement springs and simply purchase new springs that wont sag. In the meantime Ill chalk my rear end sag stance up as race suspension.
sirhc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #3013
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
The problem is the word 'kit' RC sell a kit.... a 2.5 or 4" lift is a SET OF SPRINGS... their kit includes sprigns, shocks and ubolts.... any springs shop can get ya ubolts, and shocks get anywhere... springs OME and RC are NOT that far apart for $$... its just OME is 10x better, but they dont sell kits, they sell SPRINGS....

Piece it together

4 new springs
4 new shocks
4 ubolts

if ya go 4" ya need a tcase drop or SYE, eitehr way they dont include them in their kits.... ya still get sprigns shocks and ubolts.... oh and trac bar relocator brackets, most ppl ditch them anyhow, smooths out hte ride and they are not needed, so more spare parts for the junk pile they sold ya...

seriously folks, price out springs VS springs form vendors, not 'kits'
Minor correction. The 4" RC kit does include a TC drop.

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #3014
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've had the RC 2.5" kit on my jeep for just over a year now and they are holding up great. The bushings on the shocks fell apart after about 6 months, but I put urathane bushings in and have not had any problems since. I will recomend RC to anyone I know. I am very happy with the product and I've heard from people on this site that your customer service is pretty darn good too. Thanks for improving the product before I bought mine.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #3015
pushead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris68 View Post

Further - they have been honoring the lifetime warranty on the product and replacing previous product with new. If you've got a problem - PM or call the company and get it fixed. Period.

Frankly - I'm really happy to see this thread, I'm going to look up Rough Country lifts for my Jeep now
This is where you are mistaken. I can tell you from personal experience they do not honor their warranty. I bought spings from them a few months before they came out with the 4" kit. They of course sagged quickly. Ryan could not get them replaced. In short they said they dont make the 3" springs I purchased with a life time warranty so its now my problem. I solved it and went with BDS. Reading through the other post on here you will find RC is going to ask you 50 questions about your springs. Answer one the way they don't like it and say goodbye to your warranty.

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.