Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #241
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If they kept the shocks and dropped the price to below $300 the 1.5 would be a pretty good deal, especially for people installing their suspension parts modularly.
Rancho RS5000 shochs are the same from 0-lift to 2" of lift.
A person could buy those shocks and install them, then later on down the line get the 1.5" lift and some shackles and install them.

This is actually what I plan on doing. I need shocks now! so I'm getting the Rancho shocks. I don't need anything more than 2" of lift for what I do, so I'll likely pick up the Rancho 1.5" lift (shockless) for $350 and install some 5/8" shackles at that time. But I don't plan on putting on the lift until mid-late summer.

If RC dropped their lift price to compete with the Rancho one (maybe a better deal?) I might consider them in light of the information mentioned in this thread. But I won't pay $50 extra just to get shocks that I'll never use.

DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #242
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Here is a cool vid for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClRM4XEGSbc
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #243
murdajeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I am sold buying a lift this summer. Would be nice to see some pics of the recents guys who put the lifts on the jeeps. I got a 1.25" bdl so it will be interesting to see how high she goes
murdajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #244
danthman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i wish i never bought my 4". my jeep sits like a low rider....low and to the right in the rear. what a waste of money, now i have to buy a new lift a year after purchase. customer service won't help me so now im stuck with garbage springs. DONT BUY ROUGH COUNTRY! they are going to have to prove me wrong in my opinion toward them.
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #245
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthman View Post
i wish i never bought my 4". my jeep sits like a low rider....low and to the right in the rear. what a waste of money, now i have to buy a new lift a year after purchase. customer service won't help me so now im stuck with garbage springs. DONT BUY ROUGH COUNTRY! they are going to have to prove me wrong in my opinion toward them.
When did you buy the kit?? Did you send pics in? If not send them to ans@roughcountry.com I know for a fact that you would have been taken care of if they were sagging but if they are bent that may be a different story.

feel free to call me at 1-800-222-7023 ext 123.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #246
danthman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i sent pics to you i think 3 or 4 weeks ago. they weren't bent, they just sag.
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #247
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Even with a 1" BL I was able to stuff my 33's with my leafs. The sagging dissapoints me, but they flex very well
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #248
WYRENUT
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 93 with a home made lift. about 3''. I installed 2 leaves from a 76 cherokee on rear and made longer shackles for the front. thinking of replacing with rough country to get a better ride and to hide those front shackles a little. Should i give rough country a try, or stick with what i have. Thanks
WYRENUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #249
Calvin4186
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Rough Country... you have a pm

Middle GA Offroad
Calvin4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #250
cooltc2004
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Rough Country,
I sent an email to ya attached with picks of my Jeep, just wondering if you got it?
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #251
xboardr311
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if we send in pics of the springs how long do you think it will take to hear from you guys because i sent pictures about a week and a half ago and havent heard anything and i have read a few post that say the same. just curious. thanks,
chas
xboardr311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #252
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboardr311 View Post
if we send in pics of the springs how long do you think it will take to hear from you guys because i sent pictures about a week and a half ago and havent heard anything and i have read a few post that say the same. just curious. thanks,
chas

+1

i sent pics of my smashed up rear shock from my rear track bar about a week and a half ago and havent heard anything either
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #253
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Sorry guys I have been away from the computer for awhile anyone who has emailed me should have or will hear from me by today, if by some chance you don't hear from me your email probably went to the spam folder. If you email me please put the subject as Jeep Forum.
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #254
jeepinMatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

out of curiosity do you have suspension travel measurements, up travel and droop?
jeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #255
justanotherhemi
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sent email 1 week ago and was taken care of with out a problem. It makes me happy knowing that Rough Country has great customer service. Thanks again
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
justanotherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.