Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #181
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckYJ View Post
My sleeves were missized also. I had to run an old shackle bolt in a couple of the frame rail mounts to mount the leaf springs. Just as you stated though. Would be a great kit with a little more QC. HINT HINT RC: Start checking what is leaving your doors a little closer. Its the small stuff that costs you business. Just my 2 cents though.
Robbie
This is being addressed as we speak. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #182
vfrpilot
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rough......

Forgive me... but I didn't get an answer ?!?!

scroll up for my comment/question

TIA
l--L-⌐OlllllllO-
▒)¯¯ ▒)--♂-▒)
Criminals thrive on society's indulgence in tolerance
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #183
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckYJ View Post
My sleeves were missized also. I had to run an old shackle bolt in a couple of the frame rail mounts to mount the leaf springs. Just as you stated though. Would be a great kit with a little more QC. HINT HINT RC: Start checking what is leaving your doors a little closer. Its the small stuff that costs you business. Just my 2 cents though.
Robbie
dont know if you noticed or not, but the kit comes with two different sizes of bushings. the bigger bushings are for the frame mounts, and the smaller ones are for the shackles. this confused me when i first installed the lift, after i realized that there were different size bushings life was good again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #184
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
dont know if you noticed or not, but the kit comes with two different sizes of bushings. the bigger bushings are for the frame mounts, and the smaller ones are for the shackles. this confused me when i first installed the lift, after i realized that there were different size bushings life was good again.

yeah it wasnt the outside diameter, it was the inside diameter that was the problem. the bolts wouldnt fit through the sleeves
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #185
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
My current concerns: I'm watching for sag and/or uneven tilt... I'm a bit concerned as I write this.....

MY kit was professionally installed as well as ordered through [the installer].
I paid the extra for the pro install to ensure warranty accountability; so my question to RoughCountry....
I shouldn't have ANY problems with regard to replacements IF I need, right?
I am your direct link to the manufacture as long as you have proof you are the original purchaser I will take care of you. I hope that was the question you wanted answered sorry I missed it.
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #186
Brads_nky_yj

Rough Country gets at least a frikin A++ in Customer Service from just what I have read in this thread. Good job RC!
Brads_nky_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:52 AM   #187
vfrpilot
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
I am your direct link to the manufacture as long as you have proof you are the original purchaser I will take care of you. I hope that was the question you wanted answered sorry I missed it.

Yea, that was the one I was referring to
"I" had it installed Rough... as I said in the post.
What kind of proof? My install receipt I guess right? - Since the shop purchased/installed.....
l--L-⌐OlllllllO-
▒)¯¯ ▒)--♂-▒)
Criminals thrive on society's indulgence in tolerance
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #188
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Yea, that was the one I was referring to
"I" had it installed Rough... as I said in the post.
What kind of proof? My install receipt I guess right? - Since the shop purchased/installed.....
Yup that will work. If the case arises that you need warranty work the replacement parts will be sent to them unless authorized by the shop (since they were the actual purchaser from us directly.) Bottom line......You will get taken care of..PERIOD.
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #189
91yjjeep

Rough Country Kits

I have used Rough Country kits for many years and I can tell you guys from first hand experience, that the Rough Country kits are by far the best that I have found for the money and for the quality of the components in the kits. I have used them on the streets and I have bashed them offroad and I have never had a problem with the function or the quality of their kits. As far as the ride, I have riden and driven many different off road rigs and the flex and comfort of the springs are second to none. I realize that everyone has a preference, but from my experiences those guys are top notch!!! I will never use anyone else for my road rigs or my trail beaters.

FYI......You can also overtighten the spring bolts!! So be careful when tightening the bolts because that will make your ride a little rougher due to the poly bushings.

I will also say this. Who do you see more of actually on the trail with their rigs. The last couple of off road events that I have been to, the guys from Rough Country have been there with their rigs. They were not just sitting around, they were on the trail with their rigs. I have not seen another company that takes such an interest in our off road lifestyle. IF you have a problem, these guys listen. So we all need to give them some props for having the b@!!s to ask us what we think as offroaders.

Thanks guys for listening to us.

Last edited by 91yjjeep; 03-25-2008 at 10:04 AM..
91yjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #190
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
yeah it wasnt the outside diameter, it was the inside diameter that was the problem. the bolts wouldnt fit through the sleeves
i know that, there is two different sizes of bushings with different inside diameters. all of the outside diameters are the same.

Quote:
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #191
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
i know that, there is two different sizes of bushings with different inside diameters. all of the outside diameters are the same.
yeah i was just tryin to say that using the smaller bolt with the smaller sleeve and the larger bolt with the larger sleeve, both sleeves were to tight inside.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #192
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yeah i was just tryin to say that using the smaller bolt with the smaller sleeve and the larger bolt with the larger sleeve, both sleeves were to tight inside.
ahh, that makes sense now... when i did my lift i tried shoving the big bolt through the small bushing at first

Quote:
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #193
swa240z
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just for clarification, the sleeves for both the frame side and the shackle side have the same outside diameter. The frame sleeve has a larger inside diameter than the shackle sleeve. If you try to use a shackle sleeve on the frame end, the bolt will not fit.

./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L –OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
swa240z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #194
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i know. the sleeves were to small on the inside when being used on the correct end of the leaf with the correct bolt.
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #195
Corpse Kid
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had to cut my bolts off I am getting ready to buy new ones. Your kits came with them?
Corpse Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.