Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #166
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMiller13 View Post
Thanks for answering RC about the SOA. Thats what i figured your response would be but never hurts to ask. Any plans in the future to make and SOA spring to compete with RE?

4" springs for a SOA anyway?!?!?!?!?!?! RC mentioned a new 1.5 inch spring kit thats what i was talking about Martin. Your exactly right 4in spring would be CRAZY. lol
ahh ok, makes more sence now mate! i must be behind the times i guess, all i ever heard about was the 4" kit they made or make.
my bad, i apologise!

martin

2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #167
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrio View Post
Rough Country,

why did you guys dis-continue the 3" kit for the YJ?? I cant see that not being a popular kit for the average off roader/daily driver set up.

just wondering

thanks
Because the demand was higher for a 4inch kit and there was no reason to have a 3 and a 4 inch kits.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #168
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
Rough country,

Just sent you an email about my replacement springs.

Thank you,

Sebastian.
You have got mail!
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #169
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No problem. Just wanted to make sure you knew i wasnt Crazy haha

waiting: 1" daystar BL and skid row engine skid.
WMiller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #170
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just got my replacement 4" springs. Looking forward to installing them this weekend and seeing the difference.

Thanks RC!
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #171
millersjeeps
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hey i was looking to buy a 4 in kit. this thread made me decide on rc. how much would a kit be delivered to 95020?
Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicles Member #2

Anyone can go to hell, lets see who makes it back.
millersjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #172
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

is it just me or do these kits ride super rough? how long generally til the springs settle in and soften up a tad?
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #173
Nicks90YJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
is it just me or do these kits ride super rough? how long generally til the springs settle in and soften up a tad?
I just found something out recently that helped my ride out. I installed a black diamond lift kit and followed the directions to the "t" which means I torqued the shackle bolts down to 95/105 ft/lbs. I found out from another discussion on here that people are running way lower torque's on their shackles. I lowered mine down to 45 lbs shackle side and 55 lbs frame side and used blue locktite with my nylock nuts. Ride has improved a ton for me, may be worth checkin out for you.

Here is the other thread where we discussed this:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...23#post4973123
Nicks90YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #174
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks90YJ View Post
I just found something out recently that helped my ride out. I installed a black diamond lift kit and followed the directions to the "t" which means I torqued the shackle bolts down to 95/105 ft/lbs. I found out from another discussion on here that people are running way lower torque's on their shackles. I lowered mine down to 45 lbs shackle side and 55 lbs frame side and used blue locktite with my nylock nuts. Ride has improved a ton for me, may be worth checkin out for you.

Here is the other thread where we discussed this:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...23#post4973123
good stuff ill definately try that. on another note, this is mainly addressed to roughcountry, i installed my lift and went out wheelin, i noticed my r/r shock has a huge dent it in from what looks like hitting the track bar bracket? what can i do about this?
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #175
RANGER_DANGER
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmm...ROUGH Country...ROUGH ride.

I bought 2.5in BDS springs used and never had a problem, if I were buying new I probably would have gotten RC.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #176
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER_DANGER View Post
Hmm...ROUGH Country...ROUGH ride.

I bought 2.5in BDS springs used and never had a problem, if I were buying new I probably would have gotten RC.
+1, rough country, rough ride, rough install too. now my shock is getting killed by my track bar mount, i just cant win with this lift. its been nothing but problems since the day i ordered it
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #177
llcustom
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just installed the 4" RC kit this weekend on my 94. And besides missing the TC drop Hardware well half of the bolts it was a GREAT kit. I also torque everything according to the directions that were included and used their shock. I have to say it rides great, yeah I was shocked too. Much better than the stock ride, My wife even commented that if rode much better, so good she wants to start driving it, So guess I need to tighten up the shackles up or something, anyone know how I can make it ride like crap!

Last edited by llcustom; 03-24-2008 at 06:54 PM..
llcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #178
RedneckYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just installed my 4" kit this past weekend. It was a beyatch to install. I love the finished product but man was it a pain in the you know what to install, especially seeing as I was missing half the sleeves, bolts, and missized nuts. All is well though seeing as I called RC today and got new hardware overnighted to me. Should be here tomorrow. Talk about customer service. Even if the springs crap out I am still confident it this company. Thanks RC.
Robbie
RedneckYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #179
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckYJ View Post
I just installed my 4" kit this past weekend. It was a beyatch to install. I love the finished product but man was it a pain in the you know what to install, especially seeing as I was missing half the sleeves, bolts, and missized nuts. All is well though seeing as I called RC today and got new hardware overnighted to me. Should be here tomorrow. Talk about customer service. Even if the springs crap out I am still confident it this company. Thanks RC.
Robbie
i was missing a couple sleeves and some hardware too. seems like it could be a great kit if a little more quality control was put into it. my sleeves were to small (inner diameter) for my bolts, so i had to run a drill bit through them until i could just slide the bolt through. was missing a few nut/bolt sets, and had to get a little creative with a few things. it looks great, just rides rough and is destroying my rear shock. im going to try to torque the shackles properly and see if that helps the rough ride
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #180
RedneckYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My sleeves were missized also. I had to run an old shackle bolt in a couple of the frame rail mounts to mount the leaf springs. Just as you stated though. Would be a great kit with a little more QC. HINT HINT RC: Start checking what is leaving your doors a little closer. Its the small stuff that costs you business. Just my 2 cents though.
Robbie
RedneckYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.