Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

290K views 3K replies 592 participants last post by  jeepyj13 
#1 ·
Alright I started this post so I can get a feel of what you guys think about our YJ kits, I know that in the past we had leaf spring problems but we have gone to a different manufacturer and they are giving us a much better quality spring. Let me hear the good, the bad, the ugly. I want to be the link that will let us know what the YJ community thinks we could improve and what you want in a kit.

Feel Free to email me at ans@roughcounty.com or rchase@roughcountry.com:thumbsup:

#401 ·
Would just like to sing some praises for a sec.

Ordered replacement springs, and redid everything else while I was at it (my own lift kit, basically). I ordered some 5"-6" lift shocks (1" shackles included = 5" lift) and found out today when I went to convert them that with their 6" kit they convert the front to a bushing like you see on the rear. I didn't know this, I thought they sent me 4 rear shocks, just different P/Ns. So I called them up and asked them about it and after about 3 minutes on the phone the guy on their end (forget his name, sorry) had me informed on how they do it and told me that the brackets were being shipped out ASAP, no charge.

Thanks a bunch guys.

#403 ·
Ok I am going to start giving out some deals so if you need a lift kit for any vehicle that you have pm me and we will work out a deal. This is going to be a limited time offer and it is only good through me. pm me or call 1-800-222-7023 ext 123:2thumbsup:

#406 ·
Ok I am going to start giving out some deals so if you need a lift kit for any vehicle that you have pm me and we will work out a deal. This is going to be a limited time offer and it is only good through me. pm me or call 1-800-222-7023 ext 123:2thumbsup:
02 Subaru Outback?

Seriously though...new springs are staring to settle and ride/flex great.

#408 ·
Dang should have read the whole thread before ordering. Oh, well the positive response in this thread convinced me to go with the RC 4". Ordered it through RC and got their 1" Booms and Braided Brake Lines as well. Will see how it goes, can't wait till it gets here.

#409 · (Edited)
I want to see pictures of the boomerang shackles. . . .

What is the very best price (remember - I have been a faithful supporter of this thread, bought my susp. lift, body lift, and diff. covers from you :D ) I can get on either of these two winch plates?

X-series Winch Plate
This highly durable mounting plate, made out of heavy steel, accommodates all winches and can be used with Jeep factory bumpers along with aftermarket tube style bumpers. Price: $89.95
X-series Flat Winch Plate part#1189
This highly durable mounting plate, made out of heavy steel, accomodates all winches and can be used with Jeep factory bumpers along with aftermarket tube style bumpers. Price: $69.95​

#411 ·
Thanks. I dont' know why I couldn't find that myself. They look exactly like my M.O.R.E. boomerangs except for the color and non greasable bushings, and they could be used for 1" or 1 1/4" lift instead of 5/8" max. And they are HALF THE PRICE! I think if I had it to go over again, I would probably order these and save some $$.

#413 · (Edited)
Actually all you would need to do is replace the regular bolt with a bolt that has a zerk fitting on it. The bushings themselves would be the same. Even the old nut would work. Probably cost very little to replace the bolts.

#415 ·
Can anyone tell me why I keep bending the passengers side leaf? And would the boomerangs help me out?

#416 ·
ALERT! Noob Question Ahead

Ok, I've been trying to do an inventory of my kit. I ran into an issue with the bolts and bushings.

The wider/shorter bolts fit through the steel barrels on the bottom.
The thinner/longer bolts would NOT fit through the steel barrels on the top. They would only feed the threads.

These were the only grade 8 bolts long enough to reach through the spring eyes, so I am assuming they are the ones meant for this. Can someone tell me what goes where for the bushings?

I apologize for being a noob here, this is my first lift kit installation and my help that knows about these things isn't around.

Thanks!
IJ

#417 ·
Ok, I've been trying to do an inventory of my kit. I ran into an issue with the bolts and bushings.

The wider/shorter bolts fit through the steel barrels on the bottom.
The thinner/longer bolts would NOT fit through the steel barrels on the top. They would only feed the threads.

These were the only grade 8 bolts long enough to reach through the spring eyes, so I am assuming they are the ones meant for this. Can someone tell me what goes where for the bushings?

I apologize for being a noob here, this is my first lift kit installation and my help that knows about these things isn't around.

Thanks!
IJ
I will lookinto this today I will post a reply soon.

#420 ·
Yep, and I have no problem with that as long as RC says any warranty will be good if I do need to do that.

On that same note, did you use a drillpress to clean yours out or just a hand drill? Looking for a couple ideas on the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks!
IJ

#424 ·
I have the RC 4" kit in this jeep, i think its a smoother ride than it was stock... its still rough, but its not a caddy its a Jeep, and i love it. We were 1st time installers, and it was complete kit.. though i agree send bolts for springs we too had to cut one off and hard to find!
I love it for the money, i called RC to order my kit, so i got the new springs, and Great customer service!
Thanks for a great product and value in a expensive hobbie!!!

#426 ·
RC, being that im an XJ owner, i dont know too much about YJ lifts but one of my buddies wants me to look in to one. This thread has really caught my eye purely based on your customer service. Anyways, i was wondering if extended break lines are need with the 4 inch lift? Do swaybar disconnects come with the lift? I see on the site it says it comes with swaybar links, but im assuming these are just extended links and not disconnects? also, how much shipped to 22801? Thanks for the info!

#428 ·
RC, being that im an XJ owner, i dont know too much about YJ lifts but one of my buddies wants me to look in to one. This thread has really caught my eye purely based on your customer service. Anyways, i was wondering if extended break lines are need with the 4 inch lift? Do swaybar disconnects come with the lift? I see on the site it says it comes with swaybar links, but im assuming these are just extended links and not disconnects? Thanks for the info!
You do not have to have the ext brake lines but if you are going to be doing mild off roading it is always a good idea to upgrade to them, the sway bar quick disconnects do not come in the kit but again depending on what you are going to be doin really makes the diff if you really need them or not.

#427 ·
Got the kit today. I've got the front drivers side all bolted up and have the pass. side spring in the shackle. I need to go get an eye bolt (had to cut one) to finish up the front. Everything looks top notch so far. It would be nice if they included the eye bolts, wouldn't cost them much if they bought them in bulk. I'll update as I get it finished.

#430 ·
Good luck, I went to my local Fastenal store and was able to find them. If I were you I'd get the 4 1/2" bolts. My kit came with the bolts, but they are 4" and don't extend far enough into the nut to even grab the nylon locking insert. I also used blue locktite on all nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.