Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #1516
cresencio
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
But don't make your purchasing decision based only on what I say, doing the research (searching posts, asking questions, gathering information) on your own is more important than blindly following the word of some fat man who can't even trim his beard straight. And I'm sure you have done your fair amount of research!
OK, I'm rambling. Just got home from a 13 hour shift and this 3rd beer is telling me it's time to hit the sack.

yea ive done the research the guys who are actually explaining things such as yourself are just putting the icing on the cake.

Just break it, that way you have to upgrade
cresencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #1517
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I dunno, my RC leafs seem to flex pretty damn well for me...

I had a problem with my previous rear leafs sagging, even an AAL didn't fix it. I waited and waited and finally sent Ryan a PM about my springs and he had new springs out to me within a week or so

These new rear leafs almost seem to flex beter than my old ones. Although I haven't been wheelin' in a few months, I've posted up on some fairly big rocks and some ledges and none of them have been big enough for me to rub

When I bought my kit a little over 2 years ago, I think they had just started sending out the new leafs. The views on Rough Country were much more negative around here at that time and I still went with them. Haven't had a problem yet, and I'll hopefully find a good home for them when I go SOA with some different leafs. Maybe I should just buy another YJ!
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #1518
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fine guys. waste your money on Garbage. just don't say I didn't try to warn you. When they do inevitably break on you, you can't go wrong with Rubicon Express. Myself and most of the other guys I wheel with run Rubicon Express and none of them have ever had any problems with them.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #1519
rompinthewoods
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Can you please go somewhere else. We are tired of listeing to you. Your point has been made.
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #1520
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompinthewoods View Post
Can you please go somewhere else. We are tired of listeing to you. Your point has been made.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #1521
BarryMac
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Fine guys. waste your money on Garbage. just don't say I didn't try to warn you. When they do inevitably break on you, you can't go wrong with Rubicon Express. Myself and most of the other guys I wheel with run Rubicon Express and none of them have ever had any problems with them.
I think the horse is dead already, quit beating it. WOW...

BMac
BarryMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #1522
rompinthewoods
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a friend who has the old springs and he has not had any problems this guy has had. It must be the way he wheels. If you are stupid about the way you wheel you will get stupid results.

I have the 4" kit on my YJ. I have a sagging problem, but when I e-mailed Ryan he fixed the issue. Customer service is great!!!!!
Unread 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #1523
Goobersbro

if you want to get techy unless you go with RE ED which cost a butt load you get crappy springs because if im not mistaken there sold by procomp.

so you can pay 1 grand and think your getting RE leafs when in reality your getting procrap or you could pay 499 for RC hmmm thats a tuffy

I personally want to run RE ED but thats because of how i want to build my rig if i was going to let my jeep stay a dd Weekend warrior you can bet that i would buy RC leafs in a heartbeat
Unread 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #1524
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
if you want to get techy unless you go with RE ED which cost a butt load you get crappy springs because if im not mistaken there sold by procomp.

so you can pay 1 grand and think your getting RE leafs when in reality your getting procrap or you could pay 499 for RC hmmm thats a tuffy

I personally want to run RE ED but thats because of how i want to build my rig if i was going to let my jeep stay a dd Weekend warrior you can bet that i would buy RC leafs in a heartbeat
not true. a few years back it was. RE didn't have the production capacity to keep up with the demand so they outsourced the 4" springs to ProComp. but that was a long time ago. and for the record I payed $600 for my RE kit and it was worth every penny.

As far as how I wheel, I'm no tougher on my YJ than most people I run with. I like to hit the rocks but I'm not some lunatic who just throttles down at every opportunity.

Anyway, as I said above, do what you want. just don't say I didn't warn you. Don't try to change my mind because Rough Country will forever be a bad taste in my mouth and nothing anybody says or does will change that. I had nothing but bad experiences with the kit and question and the company as a whole. I'm done
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #1525
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
I'm done
Oh thank god!
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #1526
rompinthewoods
1995 YJ Wrangler 

THANK YOU! Nice to hear your opinion AGAIN.
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #1527
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
not true. a few years back it was. RE didn't have the production capacity to keep up with the demand so they outsourced the 4" springs to ProComp. but that was a long time ago. and for the record I payed $600 for my RE kit and it was worth every penny.
That is the same situation that Rough Country has faced. Years back, they had a supplier make their springs, that supplier did a half-assed job of it and the product being sold by Rough Country was enugh to make Ralph Nader to foam at the mouth. It was these springs that brought about the opinion and line of thinking you are reflecting here.
They have since switched suppliers, aand turned their product around 100%. And I'm sure that their customer service now is different that what you experienced. Maybe you got ahold of some prick on the other line and they have since weeded those people out. I understand you though, you got a bad product and then no help when you called to talk to them. I'd go sour as hell too if that happened to me. But man, you should give them another chance. No, I'm not saying to gettheir springs. I'm saying to read what the people here are saying about the service and product they are receiving "now" and then maybe consider that "hey, maybe I am wrong. Maybe Rough Country *now* is not the same company that I felt screwed me over in the past".

Quote:
As far as how I wheel, I'm no tougher on my YJ than most people I run with. I like to hit the rocks but I'm not some lunatic who just throttles down at every opportunity.
I fit into the latter of that one. I got a cheap and old YJ just so I could beat the ever loving hell out of it. That's where I get my jollies. I'm too old to fist fight, and too broken down to line dance, so I strap in and give it hell!

Quote:
Anyway, as I said above, do what you want. just don't say I didn't warn you. Don't try to change my mind because Rough Country will forever be a bad taste in my mouth and nothing anybody says or does will change that. I had nothing but bad experiences with the kit and question and the company as a whole. I'm done
And man, I can understand, and totally respect your opinion. Once you get bitten it's hard to put your hand near the dogs mouth again. I'll be theone not to call you a moron or tell you to getthe hell out of here, because I can see it through your eyes. The frustration of it all, the wasted money, the feeling of rage when you were told to go pound dirt over the phone. Hell, I'd probably be in your shoes right now, posting mirror images of your posts, cussing at the top of my lungs! And throwing empty beer bottles at my screen.
All I'm asking is tht you just consider. Consider that maybe all the guys here touting the new RC springs are right. Consider that the scenario that happened to you isn't likely to happen to one of these guys. Consider that RC does in fact, have a good product now. Remember Harley Davidson in the early 80s? Pure garbage. But now, some great machines! But I'll always remember my first Shovelhead and how big of a piece of **** it was. And that sticks with me.
Just consider man.

Oh, and I know it's of no consolation; but thanks to people like you, who got screwed over in the past due to the bad supply of springs, the new crowd of up and coming wheelers are now able to get a "good kit" from Rough Country on a tight budget. And we've all been there before.

Thanks for your opinion.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.

Last edited by Brandon_YJ; 02-05-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #1528
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

for some reason i expected to stand and sing praise songs after that sermon Brandon!

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #1529
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
Oh thank god!
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #1530
white_87yj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ima go with you guys, and not 92 Green YJ. i read stuff about the before leafs and the after leafs, and i heard nothing bad about the after leafs. and apparently 92 Green YJ dosnt like change even enough to give them a better chance because he has his mind set on his old leafs from before they changes suppliers. now i think that the springs will be perfect for me because im still in school and the only time that i would be able to go wheeling is on the weekends or after school on occasion. and then if i dont like what i see when summer comes around ill change, but i think they will do fine for my needs. but still i think that 92 Green YJ should AT LEAST GIVE THE NEW LEAFS A CHANCE!. thats what i have to say.
.____________
|[__].|__\_____\,
|/ ..\_|-_/ ..\_.[]|||||[]
..(o)_)-0-(o)_)-o-(o)_)
Firefighters Jeep Club
My stock back tire isnt flat, its "aired down" for rock crawling. duh
its a jeep thing... ive alway understood
We always need luck, we drive jeeps.
white_87yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.