Rough Country New and improved!!!!! - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country New and improved!!!!!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #1501
cresencio
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Brandon Yj you sir are the reason i will be buying a lift kit from RC

While i finish everything else up dealing with my engine and interior bologna
i can rest easy and not be constantly debating on the lift kit i should buy this year.
Your unstopable support for RC is cool bro. I think you answer more q's than the vendor
RC should give you a medal.......or atleast a gold star, gold stars are cool

To the Unofficial Spokesman

Just break it, that way you have to upgrade
cresencio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #1502
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I call it as I see it man.
I know that not everyone out there can afford $800 for a lift, only to spend another $400 on an SYE/CVDS setup and then another $100 on this-and-thats. It'd be obtuse of me to think otherwise.
And not everyone needs/wants the *best* hardware. They want what will work for them mechanically, and what will work for them as far as their wallets are concerned. There has to be a balance.
If I think something is garbage I'll tell it like it is, don't get me started on Harbor Freight tap-and-die kits!!
And likewise, if I think something is a great deal when you weigh the coin against the tangible item, I'll give my opinion on that.
But don't make your purchasing decision based only on what I say, doing the research (searching posts, asking questions, gathering information) on your own is more important than blindly following the word of some fat man who can't even trim his beard straight. And I'm sure you have done your fair amount of research!
OK, I'm rambling. Just got home from a 13 hour shift and this 3rd beer is telling me it's time to hit the sack.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #1503
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

What is sooo bad with them? NOTHING for me.. I LOVE my RC lift and their customer service is the Best I have seen in a LONG while.
GTFO if your just gonna say that and not give a reason why.
He has explained his issue he had on about page six I guess he thinks it is his duty to sway people away from Rough Country but apparently he has not read the 100 pages of this thread. I am here to stay. SORRY hate it for him. I am here to offer a good product for a great price and the customer service to back it all up. I told him I was sorry about his experience and that if he still had the RC kit it would be made right but he wants to keep telling his story to people so 92 GREEN YJ I hope you can hear me playing your sad song on the violin.
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #1504
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ryan did you get my PM?
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #1505
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

yes sir I did and you have a reply.

Brandon YJ you also have a PM
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #1506
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i hope your not right about them, i just recentley put 4" rears on mine. so far so good. you must have had a really bad experience with rc to blast them this way.
yes I did. I had several bad experiences in fact that ended up costing me alot of money in the long run. the happiest day of my Jeeping life was when I removed the last of the broken, rusted, bent pieces of crap this guy is trying to pass off as springs and dumped them off at the metal recycler. Would've mailed em back to RC with some nasty things painted on them but I decided I had wasted enough money on his garbage.

Replaced it all with Rubicon Express and have been much happier. for the record since ditching the RC garbage in favor of the Rubicon Express lift I have never once had ANY problems with the Rubicon Express components. I have wheeled much harder and much rougher on the RE springs and they have held up fantastically.

Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for

for those who didn't see my original post, this is what you can expect with Rough Crappy springs

thats just one of the bent springs I suffered. that was the first. that happened exactly one week after I installed the kit on the first run out. Was some pretty mild wheeling too as I was still running open diffs and the turdy 5 rear end.

And did RC honor their "warranty" hell no. he said he would be more than happy to send me a new spring for $85 plus shipping.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #1507
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What in the world did you do to bend that?
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #1508
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My buddies RC spring did the same thing. There ok for the street, but will not hold up off road. If you flex them a bunch they will loose there arc.
1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #1509
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
yes I did. I had several bad experiences in fact that ended up costing me alot of money in the long run. the happiest day of my Jeeping life was when I removed the last of the broken, rusted, bent pieces of crap this guy is trying to pass off as springs and dumped them off at the metal recycler. Would've mailed em back to RC with some nasty things painted on them but I decided I had wasted enough money on his garbage.

Replaced it all with Rubicon Express and have been much happier. for the record since ditching the RC garbage in favor of the Rubicon Express lift I have never once had ANY problems with the Rubicon Express components. I have wheeled much harder and much rougher on the RE springs and they have held up fantastically.

for those who didn't see my original post, this is what you can expect with Rough Crappy springs

thats just one of the bent springs I suffered. that was the first. that happened exactly one week after I installed the kit on the first run out. Was some pretty mild wheeling too as I was still running open diffs and the turdy 5 rear end.

And did RC honor their "warranty" hell no. he said he would be more than happy to send me a new spring for $85 plus shipping.
ok and how long ago was this from? It has almost been a year since the last time you posted in here
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #1510
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anything like trying to bump up a ledge, or over a log or rock will cause that to happen on a soft spring.
1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #1511
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Yes the old springs were bad about that but our new springs do not have that issue. There are TONZ of guys that have that kit on here and love them.
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #1512
frumpy

Quote:
the happiest day of my Jeeping life was when I removed the last of the broken, rusted, bent pieces of crap this guy is trying to pass off as springs and dumped them off at the metal recycler. Would've mailed em back to RC with some nasty things painted on them but I decided I had wasted enough money on his garbage.
I think that speaks loads on your charactor
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #1513
Brads_nky_yj

I dont know why anyone keeps amusing this idiot. He thinks one thing, we know another. RC springs were bad back in the day. Now they are awesome. Its like night and day. Yeah maybe they are not the softest springs but for what you get (product and customer service wise) the price is untouchable. If RC sucked so bad there would be 101 pages and counting....again GOOD JOB RC!!!!!
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #1514
CaptainJaxx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You've had your say. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but now you are just being a troll. Let it go.

And for the record, you are bashing the old springs that RC doesn't even sell anymore. This thread has NOTHING to do with those springs in your pictures. RC has new springs now, and since you have NO experience with the new springs, your input is worthless. The ONLY valid opinion you are allowed to have here relates to the warranty and customer service. We get it, you don't like it. Now please stop being a troll.
CaptainJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1515
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

you do realize that is the result of a shackle kick back...any spring will do that if a shackle kicks backward too far

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , review , rough country , suspension , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.