Rough Country Lift Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country Lift Questions

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
jeeprookie15
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country Lift Questions

I have this lift kit for my yj. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_yj_4.html
It comes with some metal sleeves and i was just wondering where all of these went. I have four left over and i dont know where they could go. I put one in the bottom of every shock where the bolt goes in. Ive put one on the rear track bar. I think thats all ive used. Any ideas of where they go? Thanks!

jeeprookie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
schaef89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If I'm thinking about the same sleeves they should go inside the spring bushings. They're meant as a buffer between the spring bolt and the bushings
schaef89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Check pg #2 here for where the sleeves go: http://www.roughcountry.com/install/1620N2.pdf
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
jeeprookie15
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks so much! schaef98, do the sleeves go in where the spring meets the shackles or where the spring meets the frame mount?
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
stockyj

my leafs came with the sleeves with the bushings already.. weird.
stockyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
stockyj

or Front Sway Bar Links
2-12mm x 65mm Bolts
2-Flat Washers
2-12mm Flange Lock Nut
2-Upper Sleeves

1620Bag2:
For Fr and Rear Shocks
4-Shock Sleeves
stockyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprookie15
Thanks so much! schaef98, do the sleeves go in where the spring meets the shackles or where the spring meets the frame mount?
(I'm not the one you asked but have the same lift) both the shackle to spring and spring to frame will require that sleeve. The idea is the you torque it down so much the the bushing rubs against the sleeve rather than screw to hanger or shackle.

In their absence you would tear through the bushing with the screw. Proper torque would damage the hanger and possibly the shackle too.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
jeeprookie15
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Why did my kit have so many sleeves? I have four left over when the instructions say i only need 2 for the sway bars. Oh and by the way, why dont the instructions say that i need sleeves in the springs, or do they even need them??
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprookie15
Why did my kit have so many sleeves? I have four left over when the instructions say i only need 2 for the sway bars. Oh and by the way, why dont the instructions say that i need sleeves in the springs, or do they even need them??
I do not believe that a screw should contact rubber in any part of your suspension or kit. They should be separated by those sleeves. This includes shocks, track bars, spring hangers, steering dampeners, shackles, body mounts and so on.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
SandyMushYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
I do not believe that a screw should contact rubber in any part of your suspension or kit. They should be separated by those sleeves. This includes shocks, track bars, spring hangers, steering dampeners, shackles, body mounts and so on.
True. My RC lift had sleeves for every bolt--both ends of the springs, which are two different sizes, and frame mounts on both ends. For the springs you have to size them with the bolt for each end. If you have poly or rubber bushings with no metal sleeves in them, more than one thing will go wrong. Soon.

Tags
country , kit , lift , rough , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.