Rough Country lift problems?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country lift problems??

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Big-Jon
1977 CJ5 

I just bought a RC 4" and I love it. No sagging issues yet. But with that said, just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Then again you may even better results than me. I look at it this way. A lift kit is like parenthood. Everyone has advice to give. You just have to figure out what works for you.

Bring back the jeep Wave ---

33 X 12.50-15 Falken Wildpeaks
Big-Jon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #17
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Jon View Post
I just bought a RC 4" and I love it. No sagging issues yet. But with that said, just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Then again you may even better results than me. I look at it this way. A lift kit is like parenthood. Everyone has advice to give. You just have to figure out what works for you.

Bring back the jeep Wave ---
The wave is gone? I allways wave.I have seen some new Jeep owners don't wave at my old Jeep
Dake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #18
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Instead of shipping leaf springs in their kits, RC should just ship steel tubing that bolts to the shackles. Same effect either way.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I run the rough country springs on my yj. I had the lift on it for over 1.5 year. I run their 1" boomerang shackles as well. The rocker height seem to stop settling as its 25" on pass. side and 24.5" on driver side on 33inch tires of course Im the only one in it. The measurements has been that way since I put the shackles on over a year ago. That being said it doesn't mean I wont upgrade springs. My shocks already crapped out only being a year old. The main reason I bought the rc lift is because of being a broke college kid.
Unread 10-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
4everjeepin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Jeepyj13, They have an easy replacement policy shocks is a easy swap out process have them replace the shocks! And your back on the road and beat them up!
4everjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everjeepin View Post
Jeepyj13, They have an easy replacement policy shocks is a easy swap out process have them replace the shocks! And your back on the road and beat them up!
Do they compensate you for the ubolts too? Personally, if I'm going to have a warranty on my springs, I want to choose a company that has an unconditional guarantee and dares you to try to redeem on it.

Oh wait! I have BDS...
Unread 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Now YOUR just getting nasty.............................

Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
Now YOU'RE just getting nasty.............................

Hahaha
Now I'm getting nasty...

Unread 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #24
4everjeepin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do they compensate you for the ubolts too? Personally, if I'm going to have a warranty on my springs, I want to choose a company that has an unconditional guarantee and dares you to try to redeem on it.

Oh wait! I have BDS...
Did you buy RC lift in the past? Or do you know a lot of people with a bad experience with RC. You seem to have strong feelings against RC. There cheap for a reason so my expectations are low I was surprised how well they performed.
Unread 10-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you buy RC lift in the past? Or do you know a lot of people with a bad experience with RC. You seem to have strong feelings against RC. There cheap for a reason so my expectations are low I was surprised how well they performed.
I almost bought a set until I rode around in a jeep with their springs in it and I decided that I needed to manage my money better. I put together my lift for about the same price as a comparable lift height from rough country. I had a post last year breaking down every expenditure and calling the same amount of work on both sides a wash.

Nobody needs to buy into RC strictly because of the price. I have read about fifty cases on this forum where people have been unhappy with their springs and most turned around and bought better quality springs from another company. The documentation is all here. You don't need a pre packaged kit when you have the freedom to choose which pieces you need for your particular needs. And yes, my opinion is strong on this subject as it is on every subject where experience and cold hard facts drown out any hopes and dreams of being the one in a million that got the springs that don't sag. Wanna know why people are so happy with RC leaf springs? It's because they don't know any different.
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
Mameluke
1993 YJ Wrangler 

just bite the bullet and get BDS or comparable. i spent an entire summer trying to talk myself out of it and go with the RC, but finally ended up making the right call and got BDS. you wont regret it.
Mameluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
Sasquatch4x4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

say what you want about the Sh!ttiness of the RC lift. I run AND wheel it, HARD too. i've had no sagging issues yet, its not that i dont expect them but i'm happy with the lift, the way i see it, a leaf spring is going to sag, yes in the future i will invest in a "better quality" spring. But the RC springs do actually work and they have a lifetime warranty, so if they sag, they get replaced. i got no problem with that.
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #28
4everjeepin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I almost bought a set until I rode around in a jeep with their springs in it and I decided that I needed to manage my money better. I put together my lift for about the same price as a comparable lift height from rough country. I had a post last year breaking down every expenditure and calling the same amount of work on both sides a wash.

Nobody needs to buy into RC strictly because of the price. I have read about fifty cases on this forum where people have been unhappy with their springs and most turned around and bought better quality springs from another company. The documentation is all here. You don't need a pre packaged kit when you have the freedom to choose which pieces you need for your particular needs. And yes, my opinion is strong on this subject as it is on every subject where experience and cold hard facts drown out any hopes and dreams of being the one in a million that got the springs that don't sag. Wanna know why people are so happy with RC leaf springs? It's because they don't know any different.
Ok fair enough, I did some research and tried to do the same I didn't find it to be comparable in prices at all I would like to see what you put together. I work on cars and got into Jeeps hard hope to do another. Is your post still up LINK please? I'm going to check it out maybe I will do it your way next time and compare.
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #29
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok fair enough, I did some research and tried to do the same I didn't find it to be comparable in prices at all I would like to see what you put together. I work on cars and got into Jeeps hard hope to do another. Is your post still up LINK please? I'm going to check it out maybe I will do it your way next time and compare.
I don't have access to it anymore but it was a breakdown of piecemeal springs and shocks and SYE off eBay and Cherokee driveshaft. Brake lines were addressed as well. Ill write up a new one one of these days.
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #30
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I thought RC was alright until I rode in a YJ with OME springs. Holy **** the difference was clear. Only until the springs sagged did they start flexing decent.

BDS is next up for the suspension.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rough country , rough country 4" lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.