JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Rough Country lift problems?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-lift-problems-1429103/)

jexner22 10-18-2012 10:32 PM

Rough Country lift problems??

I'm wanting to lift my 92 YJ with a tight budget, i know rough country sells a 4" suspension for fairly cheap. Is it worth it? are there any common problems with it or any better alternatives without spending an arm and a leg?

dillonjm 10-18-2012 10:36 PM

Lots of sagging issues.

Run a search, tons (literally thousands) of threads on their springs.

Best idea is to buy a quality spring and shock and don't buy a kit. Individually piece together the couple things you need beyond springs and shocks (pitman arm, t-case drop or SYE, etc) You can do a lift without all the garbage included in most kits.

My recommendation on a quality spring= OME, BDS, or RE

Anticanman 10-18-2012 10:40 PM

What Jerrod said. ^^^

jokerchief462 10-18-2012 10:49 PM

I am currently riding on the sale price mistake so look around do the research and wait for some quality. It is a mod you don't want to have to do twice lots of money saved for other great Jeep addiction ideas!!

hotelconucc93 10-19-2012 05:20 AM

I love the rough country kit. Both my jeeps have them, and they recently changed spring manufacturers. If they sag, they replace them.

MLJeeper 10-19-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotelconucc93 (Post 14325823)
they recently changed spring manufacturers.

This is said only by people trying to justify going with a spring that they have read so many negative reviews about. It was probably true once a few years ago, however the new spring manufacturer was/is just as crappy and they sag just as bad.

Anticanman 10-19-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJeeper (Post 14325979)
This is said only by people trying to justify going with a spring that they have read so many negative reviews about. It was probably true once a few years ago, however the new spring manufacturer was/is just as crappy and they sag just as bad.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...E652FF8587.jpg

zeus87gn 10-19-2012 08:16 AM

I replaced the RC springs that were on our 92
I'm guessing they are some original series springs as they had some age on them when we bought it in Dec of 08
They appeared to give about 3" on thier own

I have reconditioned 2 of them and the other 2 are still in need
You want cheap?
I'll give you the springs for free - thats all they're worth
But I want $100 for the time I spent blasting and painting on the 2
you pay shipping

You get what you pay for in this world

Abner_Ravenwood 10-19-2012 01:53 PM

I have the RC 4in on my 89. Sags sooo bad! Shocks are ****. Worst mistake i ever made, I am thinking of upgrading to RE (Rubicon Express) springs and BDS shocks.

Good Luck! :cheers2:

Chris

zeus87gn 10-20-2012 11:55 AM

I should have added that we replaced those old RC springs with RE 4" springs
Theyre damn tall and stamped RE425 - i think i ended up with the extreme duty set
They havent sagged at all but the ride quality difference is amazing
I used Bilstein 5100 shocks with them
Night and day difference

Lostfedexman 10-20-2012 01:47 PM

IMHO, the RC 4" life is well worth the money. I've had it on my YJ for a year now and am still loving it. I can't compare it to RE or OME, but in comparison to stock, it's way better. I haven't noticed any sagging, it does great off road and is real nice having that extra 4". I'd buy another RC 4" lift if I had another YJ, I'd recommend it to a friend also. That's just my personal opinion

hotelconucc93 10-20-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJeeper

As someone who tried to help, you don't have to be nasty.

wrangler4me 10-20-2012 07:10 PM

Rough Country isn’t worth the time to put it in. I got the 4inch and I barely got 3 out of it. And nowthey sag so bad the tires rub every time I go around a curve. Don’t waste yourtime or $$$$

MLJeeper 10-20-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotelconucc93 (Post 14332064)
As someone who tried to help, you don't have to be nasty.

LMAO. What i said is not nasty, It is a fact. If you really think that was nasty, you are way to easily offended. I guess some think its nasty when someone has a different point of view on something.

Dake 10-20-2012 11:22 PM

I have a 6in R/C lift I can't see any sag. Its beeen on 4 or 5 years. Rides ruff but I think it always has.

The time now is 02:00 AM.