rough country lift (help) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rough country lift (help)

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-18-2001, 07:53 AM   #1
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

rough country lift (help)

Rough country has a pretty good deal for a 3 inch lift. It comes with leaf springs, shocks, transfer case drop, dropped pitman arm, brake line extensions and all the stuff you need for $389. Anyone else running this setup? Is it a good buy?

04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2001, 11:59 AM   #2
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought that lift kit...it will be here any day now!! :-) OhYeah told me to talk to Dave at RC and he would sell it for $350. When I called Dave, he said I had to by a steering stabalizer for $25. Then he would sell the lift for $350. So for $375 you really get everything you need. Dave wouldn't do it for $350 cuz ppl on ebay buy them for over $400. If you need help OhYeah is a good guy to ask question, he has helped me alot.
Unread 10-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #3
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I definately need to try to talk someone down, the shipping is $71. Do you need a steering damper?
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If your replacing everything else why not replace steering stab. Its only $25, if nothing else replace it for looks. I'm sure it will look better than the stock black one.
Here charged me $65 for fedex shipping, I just found out Fedex tried to deliver it today! I also only live one state away.
Unread 10-19-2001, 01:23 PM   #5
AJ

I've been running this on my 94 for about a year now, and I've been pretty happy with it. The kit is complete, I didn't have to buy anything except beer for my buddy while we did the install. My springs were pretty shot so I ended up with close to 5" out of the kit , my jeep looked 100% better after the lift. It's a little bouncy, but doesn't ride any worse than stock leafs. It's a good deal for a budget lift, and I think I've got room for the 33's I'm about to buy.

You shouldn't need a new stabilizer, unless you want it to match the shocks. But on my jeep it sits behind the axles, so it's not real visible.

The guys at RC are way easy to work with. I had just gotten a new bank card from my bank when I ordered my kit. My bank killed my old account number and didn't activate the new one for 2 days, but RC worked around it and got the kit to me pronto.

Now if they only made a coil converserion w/a 6" lift, they'd be perfect.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.