Rough Country Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country Lift

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #1
wingnut

Rough Country Lift

After reading the glowing reviews AtRoPiNe and others have written about the RC 3" lift I am about very close to picking up the phone and ordering one.

Before I do, is there anyone out there who has had a bad experience with this lift?

Also I'm not going to be able to afford tires for a little while. Other than looking goofy will there be any performance/safety problems running 235-70/15s for a month or so?

Unread 01-18-2002, 11:13 AM   #2
AJ

You'll just look goofy. lift works fine.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 01:25 AM   #3
JeepMax

The only thing you should keep in mind that the ride will be quite bumpy and harsh - other than that it's a great value for the price!
Unread 01-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #4
Capa

I'm going to order this kit next week. I wonder if we can still get the 350$ price. Maybe we should order it together, or try to find another person or two with us, to get the lower price than the 389 they are advertising.
Capa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
SBall

When you call Rough Country, ask for Davy Lee. He is the guy Ive talked to every time. I got a 3" susp. lift with pitman arm for $350.00. He used to put them on Ebay for that price. That included shocks, all relocation brackets, new u-bolts, springs (and bushings), the dropped pitman arm, and probably some other stuff I cant remember. Good luck!
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
Capa

Anyone had this lift for 12 months or so? I wonder if it will sag and how much.
Capa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2002, 11:43 AM   #7
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I bought my RC lift about 3 months ago and when I talked to Dave he didn't want to sell the kit for $350, He would only do it if I bought a steering stabalizer for $25. He told me he sells the kits on ebay for more than $400. Lots of stupid people out there, he lists them on his website for $389!
Unread 01-22-2002, 11:56 AM   #8
dirtystyle

dude why dont you buy the lift then buy the the tires then install the lift ,,,,,ya really wanna istall the life and look goofy ? and hope you can get tires in a month ,,, and i also dontthink its a good idea ,, with your 235's larger tires widen you stange and make it more stable be careful in the 1st few tight turns
Unread 01-22-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
JeepMax

One important thing you need to watch out for:

Make sure none of the leaf springs are sagging - you probably can't tell before you install them though...

The left rear of my spring was sagging about an inch and a half (!) - but the Rough country people were cool about it and fed-exed me a replacement within four or five days.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.