rough country lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rough country lift

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 10-23-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
JeeperJ

rough country lift

Does anyone have the 3" rough country lift on their yj? I see it is advertised at $389.00 with shocks! Does it come with everything I will need? I am not a serious off roader, just a little muddin now and again. I just don't want any surprises when I go to put this thing on my jeep.

Rancho rs5000 steering stblzr.
Pioneer DEH-14 cd player
Alpine 5 1/2's in soundbar
Sheerwood 180 w amp
2 10" Polk Audio subs in box behind seat
"Cool" Easton sticker on back window!
JeeperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 04:06 PM   #2
UPnOVER

I have it and it has everything.
[COLOR=red]RED JEEP #6[/COLOR]
91' YJ, D30 EZ, F8.8 locked & 410's, BDS4+" lift, 35" BFG's on 15x8 RC, 8,000lb Ramsey, etc. www. rock-nutz.com
UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2002, 05:48 AM   #3
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I also have the RC 3" lift and love it!! It is the best lift for the money....comes complete with shocks and everything else you'll need!!
Unread 10-24-2002, 07:19 AM   #4
Hutch16c

i have the 3" rough country lift on my 94 yj, and i love it....it comes with everything, even the steering stabilizer. for the money, you cant beat it. it made my jeep look twice as good.
Unread 10-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
Tnuts

Product is Good

I also have a Rough Country Lift on my YJ and am Very pleased w/ its performance. HOWEVER, the instructions that come w/ the kit SUK! Very vague, poorly illustrated and written. I think Mr. Teenie wrote them! Anywhoo, the quality of the product is great, just find someone to help you that has experience installing lift on a YJ. Some things to keep in mind, loosen the tranny mounts when dropping the Tcase, Loosen the exhaust connections as these are also affected by Tcase drop and take the time to clean and paint the various parts of your jeep where you have removed stuff that is supposed to move so the rust doesn't have a head start on limiting the range or movement of the new parts as you want them to be able to flex easily for a quick break-in. Watch your shackle bolt torque on this as well. Paint the shocks w/ a good, quality rust resistant paint as my shocks are showing signs of being exposed and no longer white
Enjoy! And if you need anymore help, just let us know!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.