Rough Country??? Any good?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country??? Any good??

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-17-2002, 09:35 AM   #1
Mike611

Rough Country??? Any good??

Hey guys, I decided not to use add-a-leafs, so, instead, I was going to get a Rough Country suspension lift kit. Has anyone used this lift? I have read about it on the forums, but, never actually seen it, read about it, or anything. Rumor has it these lifts run $389.00 and are great! If I do decide to go with the Rough Country lift, will 32's fit under there fine?

Thanks guys,
Mike

95 2.5L, bumpers and hilift, soon to be locked and lifted...

95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 10:28 AM   #2
95yj-4 cyl

I never seen anyone use them (and i've been wheeling for about 7 yrs and been to many states). National Tire and Wheel has a complete 4" lift (with shocks) for $459. There are other brands out there that have a good reputation that cost a little more (but worth it for the reliability (Rubicon express, Skyjacker, and Superlift). There's probably a reason no one is using them, but I've never heard why.
95 yj, 4 cyl, auto trans, 4:88 gears, detroit front locker, rear detroit with super 35 kit, short shaft conversion, 4" superlift, 32" superswamper radials
95yj-4 cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
95yj-4 cyl

P.S. 32's should fit fine with any 3 1/2" to 4" lift kit.
95 yj, 4 cyl, auto trans, 4:88 gears, detroit front locker, rear detroit with super 35 kit, short shaft conversion, 4" superlift, 32" superswamper radials
95yj-4 cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 01:50 PM   #4
AJ

31's fit fine, I'm getting ready for 33's. The Rc is a little bouncy at first, but it's not too bad once you break it in.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
RobsYJ

I am currently running a 3" RC with 33's they fit fine. The only problem is when you take off your disco's and trac bar you run the flares. The RC is nice and cheap but if i had to do it over I would get something bigger and better. The RC is rough. It bounces me all over the place.
RobsYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #6
Mike611

Hey guys, assuming I do go with the RC 3 inch lift, do you think I could do it myself? I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but, by no means a mechanic. If I could put in 3-4 hours a day, how long should it take to install this lift??? Thanks!!!
95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 06:11 PM   #7
Capa

I looked at the RC, but I went with the BDS 3.5 lift with boomerang shackles. Everyone said with that set up I should see a little over 4 inhces of lift. BDS has no questions asked lifetime warranty, and the ride is supposed to be superb.

You can find them for around 550 including shocks at most places online.
Capa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.