Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

rollover vent info

873 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  calpbs 
#1 ·
Hello all -

I have read some posts re: gas smell/rollover vent issues - same here - I have a '90 YJ - I noticed the vent valve connector (rubber piece) is torn off at the end - first, the valve on Amazon does not look like mine (does it matter?) and next, the piece that looks broken is called the valve connector - it looks like I have to order both parts separately - my guy @ oreilly's says I can only get it online - does that sound right? thanks,
prm

#4 ·
Call these guys..... http://www.mtscompany.com/ and tell them what you've got. My '90 came with the roll over valve up in the passenger rear quarter panel that was with a 15 gallon tank, if that's the case for you you'll need EMSV-1 and YJRVC-1. If you have an actual 20 gallon tank they're mounted on the tank itself and you'll need two of the EMSV-2 from MTS. If you call them, they'll know exactly what you need and take care of you.

#5 ·
I was able to get the grommets for the 20 gallon tank from the dealer, they had two in stock. In my case it was the rubber grommets that were leaking, not the valves. I also replaced the rubber hose between them, no more fuel odor. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.