Rollover valve question for 87' - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rollover valve question for 87'

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 10-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #16
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
btw you may want to become a vendor here if you start advertising your products or youll quickly get the ban hammer
truth!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #17
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be interested to see how this works out for you, grandboost. I've got a bit of exhaust/fuel smell as well, but my canister is all but disconnected. I'm thinking bringing this into the mix may help alleviate some of the stank.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #18
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know mine is bad. The part on the grommet where you put a hose clamp tore off. I rigged it up using a couple hose clamps but it still leaks a little whenever I turn my Jeep off
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Leaks raw gas?

Unread 10-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah...It seeps by the grommet and drips a little on the frame. Been like that since I bought the Jeep. I bought a new tank cause it mainly happens when its full but found out it was the grommet for the roll over valve. Every single Jeep I go to take it from has the same problem and the only place I found selling one was crazy expensive. Almost as much as I paid for the new tank!
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Yeah...It seeps by the grommet and drips a little on the frame. Been like that since I bought the Jeep. I bought a new tank cause it mainly happens when its full but found out it was the grommet for the roll over valve. Every single Jeep I go to take it from has the same problem and the only place I found selling one was crazy expensive. Almost as much as I paid for the new tank!
I paid $17.95 shipped to my door for just the rubber housing because that's the only part I needed. And I paid an extra $5 for priority mail. So the part is $12.95 if all you need is the rubber housing that the roll over valve seats in.

http://www.mtscompany.com/miscjeep.htm

Click the link above, scroll down towards the bottom and click the blue link in the middle of the page that says "YJRVC-1" make a call and place an order.

Here's a pic of the part
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.