Rollover valve question for 87' - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rollover valve question for 87'

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #16
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
btw you may want to become a vendor here if you start advertising your products or youll quickly get the ban hammer
truth!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #17
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be interested to see how this works out for you, grandboost. I've got a bit of exhaust/fuel smell as well, but my canister is all but disconnected. I'm thinking bringing this into the mix may help alleviate some of the stank.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #18
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know mine is bad. The part on the grommet where you put a hose clamp tore off. I rigged it up using a couple hose clamps but it still leaks a little whenever I turn my Jeep off
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Leaks raw gas?

Unread 10-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah...It seeps by the grommet and drips a little on the frame. Been like that since I bought the Jeep. I bought a new tank cause it mainly happens when its full but found out it was the grommet for the roll over valve. Every single Jeep I go to take it from has the same problem and the only place I found selling one was crazy expensive. Almost as much as I paid for the new tank!
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Yeah...It seeps by the grommet and drips a little on the frame. Been like that since I bought the Jeep. I bought a new tank cause it mainly happens when its full but found out it was the grommet for the roll over valve. Every single Jeep I go to take it from has the same problem and the only place I found selling one was crazy expensive. Almost as much as I paid for the new tank!
I paid $17.95 shipped to my door for just the rubber housing because that's the only part I needed. And I paid an extra $5 for priority mail. So the part is $12.95 if all you need is the rubber housing that the roll over valve seats in.

http://www.mtscompany.com/miscjeep.htm

Click the link above, scroll down towards the bottom and click the blue link in the middle of the page that says "YJRVC-1" make a call and place an order.

Here's a pic of the part
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.