roller rocker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > roller rocker

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
bobbert350

roller rocker

does anyone know if i could use chevy small block roller rockers instead of buying the ones that are made for the I6 jeeps....they are a dime a dozen just wondering if anyone has any info on this cauz im doing a 4.0 head swap on my jeep

88 jeep wrangler, 4.2, auto---cragar soft 8's, d35 locker, bucket seats with 5 point harnesses, warn bumper w/ grill gaurd, winch plate, kc daylighters, light bar, herc the interrior, rebuilt tranny (yay) with tranny cooler, winch and msd ignition, 3.5 inch fabtech lift, currie boomerang shackles f/r, weber carb...[B]

[B]Why only go anywere fast when you can go anywhere[/B]
bobbert350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
93YJfalcon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dang!!! If there was a swap like that I'd be all over it! Freakin' roller rockers for the I6 are about a billion dollars! I'll be watching this thread with much anticipation...

I'm off to start searching for a swap right now!

http://dirtyfabworks.com/gallery.htm
93YJfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
bobbert350

well my buddie has roller rockers for his small block if i have bolts im just gonna have to puts studs in im gonna see if i they will work if they do il do a write up on it...cauz if everything works out like i think it will it should be 1/2 price for roller rockers
88 jeep wrangler, 4.2, auto---cragar soft 8's, d35 locker, bucket seats with 5 point harnesses, warn bumper w/ grill gaurd, winch plate, kc daylighters, light bar, herc the interrior, rebuilt tranny (yay) with tranny cooler, winch and msd ignition, 3.5 inch fabtech lift, currie boomerang shackles f/r, weber carb...[B]

Unread 05-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
lilredjeep

First thing you need to do is check and make sure the raitio is the same before you just slap on a set of rockers. If raitio from fulcrum point is more you will crush the spring and snap the rocker, and/or bend your push rod. If it's less your valves will not open enough. Keep in mind, If your not going to fuel injection with the 4.0 head on the 4.2 motor, All amc rockers are the same raitio. So the roller rockers for the small block 301 V8 amc, will work on your 4.2 head. the hp goes up I know with 4.0 head swap, but a decent cam and a set of roller rockers, and opened up exhaust even with the 4.2 head will give you pretty good torque.

Dan
lilredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
bobbert350

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredjeep
First thing you need to do is check and make sure the raitio is the same before you just slap on a set of rockers. If raitio from fulcrum point is more you will crush the spring and snap the rocker, and/or bend your push rod. If it's less your valves will not open enough. Keep in mind, If your not going to fuel injection with the 4.0 head on the 4.2 motor, All amc rockers are the same raitio. So the roller rockers for the small block 301 V8 amc, will work on your 4.2 head. the hp goes up I know with 4.0 head swap, but a decent cam and a set of roller rockers, and opened up exhaust even with the 4.2 head will give you pretty good torque.

Dan

thanks alot i looked into this already im gonna get the same everything out of them but thanks alot for letting me know just incase i didnt think of that...im hitting up 1.6 roller rockers

Unread 05-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
Austin_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbert350
thanks alot i looked into this already im gonna get the same everything out of them but thanks alot for letting me know just incase i didnt think of that...
What? I can never understand your posts.
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
bobbert350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_YJ
What? I can never understand your posts.

well i guess u have to be to understand them

Unread 05-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #8
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

when i saw the rollers years ago you had to order them in quantities of four. i was going to order 4 and compare them to a cheap set for a chevy and physically see what the differences were so i could adapt the chevys for the 4.0. then return the grossly overpriced ones.
fratis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.