ROLLER OR HAWSE FAIRLEAD???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ROLLER OR HAWSE FAIRLEAD????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:10 PM   #1
Black Dragon

ROLLER OR HAWSE FAIRLEAD????

which is the one I want for my 89 YJ
in Essentials the Warn M8000 with Roller is 724.95
the same winch with the Hawse is only 549.95
what is the difference, which one do I want and why is the price difference so great Thanks

Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:29 PM   #2
Mike611

ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!R OLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!RO LLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROL LER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLE R!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!ROLLER!
They will last you a VERY long time, well worth the money,,, it won't snag your winch cable on those loooong pulls, and a Hawse will eat away if the cable is pulling to one side of it all the time,,, The roller is definately the way to go, it offers less resistance, plus, they look badass!!!

Just my $0.02
Mike
95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

That's a good price for the Warn w/hawse fairlead. A roller fairlead costs $92 at 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. Definitely go for a roller over the hawse fairlead. You'll end up messing up the winch line with the hawse if you pull at severe angles.

8000 w/roller

6000 w/hawse
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:06 PM   #4
I-4

what about snagging your cable between the rollers on wierd angle pulls?or have some of the roller fairleads been redesigned to eliminate that mess?
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #5
Black Dragon

Wouldn't it still be a better deal to buy the hawse and then buy a roller fairlead piece and put it on?

Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.