rolled yj, random plug identify please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rolled yj, random plug identify please!

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 08-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

rolled yj, random plug identify please!

i am piecing back my yj and i found this plug, it looks like their is a spring inside of it and a weird looking clip. i looked all over my engine compartment for it. maybe someone can go outside and follow this bad boy for me. thanks in advanced!

Member of CORE4X4.NET
teejmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

this has been asked before

this was his description of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
Hi guys ,
Maybe one of you can help me out here. I have a 1994 YV with a 2.5 L engine. I had some work done on it for the past few weeks and drov it to the airport last TUe. (about 45 MI). Las night when comming home, the car stopped after driving it for about 3 miles. It started to "chug" and died. If I waited about 2 minutes, it will start and then die within few minutes. I had the car towed home and this morning when I looked under the hood I noticed few wires that I don't remember them being disconnected. One in particular has a round connector to it with 2 "splice type hooks on it. Inside of it there is a copper looking spring witch makes me believe it might be a fuse link. The spring is clean and that makes me believe that it is what got disconeted somehow. The wire comes out of the wire harness right about the middle of the fire wall and it is about 14" long. I looked everywhere to see where it might go and can't see a thing. Any help???? I am willing to try anything right now. The car almost behaves as there is no gas but I know the thank if full. Is there a electrical fuel pump and if so, where is it so I can check to see if the wire is loose.... Heeeeeeelllllpppp!!!!! please.
Sorin
PS I can email anyone a pic of that wire and where it is.

Member of CORE4X4.NET
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
89WhyJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hard to tell from the picture, but is that the plug that goes into the brake differential valve (electrical switch connected to the brake warning light)?
89WhyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

it is not, good guess though that's what we thought. i know it goes into the firewall. maybe a clip in the wall or actually in the wall by the heater system maybe. i will be going through the old cowl inside soon, i will just need to keep an eye out.

Member of CORE4X4.NET
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like the mercury switch mechanism hood light.
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would guess hood light. The location it comes out of the harness is where my light socket comes out on my 95. Looks like the bulb is missing.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
I would guess hood light. The location it comes out of the harness is where my light socket comes out on my 95. Looks like the bulb is missing.
Yep, that's it.
tdewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hood light
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
teejmcd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ha ok sweet. Thanks guys After hooking all of my Brocken lines back up Thai one just confused me

Member of CORE4X4.NET

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.