Rock and an expensive place - rear axle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock and an expensive place - rear axle

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 08-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Air locker? I was thinking more along e-locker lines. Less expensive and simpler to install/maintain.
Minus the compressor, its the same maintenence. I have never seen an ARB fail mechanically in a 8.8. I have seen two eaton Elockers fail (one on the trail and one I didn't actually see but talked to the guy returning it to 4 wheel parts)

So I have seen one fail, seen one that has failed and rulppa had one fail that he documented here on this forum. I'm not saying they're bad lockers I'm just telling ya what I have considered when I made my purchases.

The ox locker isn't a bad idea when it comes to wheeling in thick brush. Its a streetable locker when open and has the little plug you screw inside to lock it manually when other remote options may fail or be out of the financial grasp of some.

Lockers are expensive. Buy once, cry once.

Unread 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've been researching lockers and I've read many horror stories of the Eaton lockers in the 8.8. They seem fine in other axles, but there have been several reported issues with the 8.8.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.