Rio Grande?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rio Grande??

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-23-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
J Luvs 95 YJ

Rio Grande??

I just recently bought a jeep wrangler yj 95
Rio grande edition. Man I luv it. But I keep asking myself what exactly does the Rio Grande edition means. I hope someone can answer this question for me.

Thanks from CT
James

Unread 05-23-2001, 03:00 PM   #2
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My girlfriend bought the same thing- a 95 YJ "Rio Grande". I'd love to know what the diff is!
Yours is a 4 cylinder, right?
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
rayray

In addition to the Rio, what is the Safari Edition?

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
Kamicosmos

I too have a 95 Rio Grande.
As far as I can tell, the Rio's were basically SE models that said Rio Grande on the rear corners, and had the southwestern upholstery on the seats. I also believe that they may only have been available in the 94-95 model years, and I think the only colors available were the sandy tan color (like mine) and a dark forest green. I may have seen a black one once, but I wasn't sure.

As far as the safari one goes...I haven't seen one. I'll bet that they are another special SE package like the Rio's and Islanders. I have seen some Islanders though, which as far as i can tell, are SE that have a "setting sun" graphic along the side, and say Islander on therear corners. I have seen them in blue and white, and it seems like they were older YJs like 90-93 years. I have never checked one out up close, so I don't know about any differences to the interiors.

Hope this helps some!
Dave
95 YJ Rio Grande
2.5L over 100,000 miles
a notch over stock
http://kamicosmos.jeepz.com
Kamicosmos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2001, 08:02 PM   #5
J Luvs 95 YJ

Ya its a 4 cylander, Forest green w/ a charcoal hard top, and an automatic. Also my friends pointed out that I have a 1" lift w/ alloys wheels. (And a very cool cd player as well
I still hope someone can find it out. Till then I'll keep looking
Unread 05-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #6
J Luvs 95 YJ

Hmmm...

Thats intresting.
Thanks for your input Kamicosmos!
Unread 05-23-2001, 09:45 PM   #7
wilhelm

rio grande is because of the S/W interior
i've seen a black one. the only engine they came with was the 4 cyl. it was the last model of the wrangler YJ . i think it only came with the 4cyl., because the factory was retooling machinery to manufacture the new 4.0 ,6cyl.....
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2001, 08:57 PM   #8
J Luvs 95 YJ

Im not sure if that the answer I was expecting. Today I saw a 1988 standard edition yj, It was no different than my 1995 rio Grande. Maybe its all just a name. who knows.
Anyways, on the brighter side of things. I just covered my jeep w/ 8-5 layers of mud(hehe) and climbed a somewhat local mountain today. I celebrated Memorial day the American way. 4Wheeling Yeah!!!
James

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.