Rio Grande?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rio Grande??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-23-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
J Luvs 95 YJ

Rio Grande??

I just recently bought a jeep wrangler yj 95
Rio grande edition. Man I luv it. But I keep asking myself what exactly does the Rio Grande edition means. I hope someone can answer this question for me.

Thanks from CT
James

Unread 05-23-2001, 03:00 PM   #2
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My girlfriend bought the same thing- a 95 YJ "Rio Grande". I'd love to know what the diff is!
Yours is a 4 cylinder, right?
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
rayray

In addition to the Rio, what is the Safari Edition?

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
Kamicosmos

I too have a 95 Rio Grande.
As far as I can tell, the Rio's were basically SE models that said Rio Grande on the rear corners, and had the southwestern upholstery on the seats. I also believe that they may only have been available in the 94-95 model years, and I think the only colors available were the sandy tan color (like mine) and a dark forest green. I may have seen a black one once, but I wasn't sure.

As far as the safari one goes...I haven't seen one. I'll bet that they are another special SE package like the Rio's and Islanders. I have seen some Islanders though, which as far as i can tell, are SE that have a "setting sun" graphic along the side, and say Islander on therear corners. I have seen them in blue and white, and it seems like they were older YJs like 90-93 years. I have never checked one out up close, so I don't know about any differences to the interiors.

Hope this helps some!
Dave
95 YJ Rio Grande
2.5L over 100,000 miles
a notch over stock
http://kamicosmos.jeepz.com
Kamicosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2001, 08:02 PM   #5
J Luvs 95 YJ

Ya its a 4 cylander, Forest green w/ a charcoal hard top, and an automatic. Also my friends pointed out that I have a 1" lift w/ alloys wheels. (And a very cool cd player as well
I still hope someone can find it out. Till then I'll keep looking
Unread 05-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #6
J Luvs 95 YJ

Hmmm...

Thats intresting.
Thanks for your input Kamicosmos!
Unread 05-23-2001, 09:45 PM   #7
wilhelm

rio grande is because of the S/W interior
i've seen a black one. the only engine they came with was the 4 cyl. it was the last model of the wrangler YJ . i think it only came with the 4cyl., because the factory was retooling machinery to manufacture the new 4.0 ,6cyl.....
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2001, 08:57 PM   #8
J Luvs 95 YJ

Im not sure if that the answer I was expecting. Today I saw a 1988 standard edition yj, It was no different than my 1995 rio Grande. Maybe its all just a name. who knows.
Anyways, on the brighter side of things. I just covered my jeep w/ 8-5 layers of mud(hehe) and climbed a somewhat local mountain today. I celebrated Memorial day the American way. 4Wheeling Yeah!!!
James

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.