Rio Grande? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rio Grande?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #1
RIOGRANDE

Rio Grande?

I have a "Special Rio Grande Edition" Jeep. I've been told that the special part has to do only with the paint color, but I've seen about 3 different colors on these. Can any one help clarify this.
Thanx in advance.

Green Jeep Club Member #61
Maryland Jeep Club Member #3
'95 Green YJ Rio Grande
4 Cyl, Auto, Akimoto Funnel Ram Air Intake, BORLA Exhaust, 2" Shackle Lift, 30" Futura Enforcer's M/T on Outlaw II's, Bestop Soft Top, Slider Half Windows, SS Step Bars, Xenon Extended Flares.
SOLD
RIOGRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2003, 11:52 AM   #2
Slim
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOGRANDE
I have a "Special Rio Grande Edition" Jeep. I've been told that the special part has to do only with the paint color, but I've seen about 3 different colors on these. Can any one help clarify this.
Thanx in advance.
I think the rio Grande package had the multi colered cloth seats. Thats all I have noticed anyway,

[CENTER]Lift,Lockers,& 36's.[/CENTER]
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

From what I know, the Rio has the cloth seats, I believe both tops, and I also noticed it came with the newer hood equipment(whinshield bumpers) i think that is about it. I have only seen rios in green and white though.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
Smoke

Rio Grande was a "Convenience" package offered for a few years.

There were a few interior differences (seats), exterior paint, and they only came with 4 cylinders.

Not sure what else.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2003, 12:40 PM   #5
RIOGRANDE

I've seen Green (I love this color), White, and Tan......all w/ tan tops. Mine was used when I bought it so it only had on top(soft). All of them are 4cyl. and all were made in '95.......the last great YJ. But why would u make a "Special Edition" w/ only a 4cyl......all the Sahara's are 6cyl.?

Quote:
Rio Grande was a "Convenience" package offered for a few years.
What w/ no A/C & manual windows, WTF........don't take me wrong I love my Jeep I'm just completely lost w/ the "Special" part.
An added Question: are all of them automatics, mine is, how about every one else?
'95 Green YJ Rio Grande
4 Cyl, Auto, Akimoto Funnel Ram Air Intake, BORLA Exhaust, 2" Shackle Lift, 30" Futura Enforcer's M/T on Outlaw II's, Bestop Soft Top, Slider Half Windows, SS Step Bars, Xenon Extended Flares.
SOLD
Unread 09-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm runnin a manual. I'm not really sure whats so special about it, i considered it the 4 cyl Sahara. I thought they came with two tops, which really is a good ting IMO.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Unread 09-05-2003, 04:02 PM   #7
shookwell

my rio grande is green, tan top, manual. i got it used so im not sure if it came with the two tops.
Unread 09-06-2003, 04:27 AM   #8
BamaJeeper

From what I have seen the Rio Grande came with pockets on the interior or the half doors, two courtesy footwell lights, underhood light, soundbar, special paint, and matching spare tire and wheel.
Unread 09-06-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
Nine5YJ

as you said its a "4 cylinder sahara". all of the nice interior options, leather wrapped wheel, cloth seats, door pockets, and i think a soundbar. A/C had to be special ordered on them, as with most YJs. they were available for 94 and 95 model years, and came in both 3 speed automatic and manual trannys.
my guess is not everyone wanted a 4.0L, but wanted a nice interior, so they made the rio grande
Unread 09-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #10
TEXASRAM

Rio Grande

My 1995 YJ "Rio Grande" has a 4.0 IL6, automatic, 3-speed, white, spice interior, lamp under the hood, lights at footwell, cruise control,
1995 JEEP Wrangler, 4.0 H.O. , IL6 4x4, White/Spice, Auto, Custom Center Console, Homemade Cold-Air Intake, 31x10.50x15 MT, Rubicon fenderflares, Black Denim Bestop Supertop, FlowMaster Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Performance Accessories Body Lift, Custom front bumper

homemade xtras to come.... rear bumper w/ tire carrier, rock sliders.........

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"
TEXASRAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2003, 10:53 AM   #11
wm69

Jeep has never, and probably will never really follow an "option package" in any form that you can follow. I've got two renegades now, had a laredo and a golden eagle, and when you look at the options offered on each of the packages, they are all listed as "available" with any of the packages, which basically means while you might get a few items included in a package, most things will be optional, and so you're still basically buying a jeep with whatever options they decided to put on it unless you special order it (example both my renegades have open diff's in the rear; how bad does that suck!?)

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2003, 12:51 PM   #12
Nine5YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASRAM
My 1995 YJ "Rio Grande" has a 4.0 IL6, automatic, 3-speed, white, spice interior, lamp under the hood, lights at footwell, cruise control,
the rio grande never came with the 4.0L option... you might have an SE with the same color group however
Unread 10-02-2003, 09:11 AM   #13
TEXASRAM

Rio Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine5YJ
the rio grande never came with the 4.0L option... you might have an SE with the same color group however
I don't know what to tell you, BUT mines a RIO GRANDE with a IL6, 4.0. It's got the original side stickers, also ran the VIN all the numbers check-out. It's all stock
1995 JEEP Wrangler, 4.0 H.O. , IL6 4x4, White/Spice, Auto, Custom Center Console, Homemade Cold-Air Intake, 31x10.50x15 MT, Rubicon fenderflares, Black Denim Bestop Supertop, FlowMaster Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Performance Accessories Body Lift, Custom front bumper

homemade xtras to come.... rear bumper w/ tire carrier, rock sliders.........

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"
TEXASRAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #14
RIOGRANDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASRAM
I don't know what to tell you, BUT mines a RIO GRANDE with a IL6, 4.0. It's got the original side stickers, also ran the VIN all the numbers check-out. It's all stock
Well consider yourself lucky b/c all of us have 4cyls. This might seem interesting to you TEXASRAM go to kelly blue book(kbb.com) and enter the information to check your trade-in value. When u click the Rio package it automaticaly goes to a 4cyl. Just thought it went with the subject matter.
'95 Green YJ Rio Grande
SOLD
Unread 10-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #15
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think the rio also come with the rubber windshield bumps on the hood instead of the metal hoops.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.