rio grande. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rio grande.

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
georgiacracker8
1995 YJ Wrangler 

rio grande.

sry guys, if this was already asked, plz help me out and show me the thread, but what exactly makes the wrangler a "rio grande" edition??

[url]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z194/georgiacracker8/PICT0151.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z194/georgiacracker8/PICT0002.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z194/georgiacracker8/PICT0007.jpg[/url]
georgiacracker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Trim package. Patterned cloth interior, sticker on the rear fender. Pretty sure they're all 2.5L MTX's. They also seem to all have some minor TJ components; windshield bumpers on hood, tailgate hinges, 297 joints up front. Mine also came with 2 tops. Not sure if that's part of the package though. Nothing too exciting.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
alandchris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i believe also the overhead speaker bar.
alandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
Btwngreengray
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well, my Rio Grande doesn't have a sound bar, and it doesn't look like it ever did.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen!” Samuel Adams.

Christian Jeep Club Member #104
Btwngreengray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellyDSP
They also seem to all have some minor TJ components; windshield bumpers on hood, tailgate hinges, 297 joints up front. Mine also came with 2 tops. Not sure if that's part of the package though.
I read somewhere that very late model YJ's produced in '96 started using this stuff, so I don't think it's part of the package.
NewdRiver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDriver95
I read somewhere that very late model YJ's produced in '96 started using this stuff, so I don't think it's part of the package.
True. It seems to have been a transitional period with smaller components. Just seems that the Rio was only made late in the model, within that timeframe. Could very well be wrong on that though.

Ohh yeah, soundbar here too.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has a sound bar, but I am not the original owner so I can't swear it was original. The date on the computer when I pulled it out was 11/05, so with most manufacturers, that would be a 96 model...........
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.