Rio Grande - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rio Grande

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #1
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rio Grande

Hey guys, I have a chance to pick up a 1995 Rio Grande YJ with a blown engine for $1500 and was wondering if they all came with the 4cyl or if there was an option to get the 6cyl? I haven't looked at it yet but I was just wondering what to expect when I do. Is the Rio Grande just a graphics package put on the base model or was it slightly more than that? Thanks in advance guys for any help.

RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
TEXASRAM

95 Rio Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHavok797
Hey guys, I have a chance to pick up a 1995 Rio Grande YJ with a blown engine for $1500 and was wondering if they all came with the 4cyl or if there was an option to get the 6cyl? I haven't looked at it yet but I was just wondering what to expect when I do. Is the Rio Grande just a graphics package put on the base model or was it slightly more than that? Thanks in advance guys for any help.
I don't know for sure, everybody says they only came with the 4cyl. Mine has the stickers on the back tub sides, but its a 6cyl, 4.0HO IL6 auto. Got the window print-out from Jeep, says its a SE model, plenty extras????? I guess we'll never know??
1995 JEEP Wrangler, 4.0 H.O. , IL6 4x4, White/Spice, Auto, Custom Center Console, Homemade Cold-Air Intake, 31x10.50x15 MT, Rubicon fenderflares, Black Denim Bestop Supertop, FlowMaster Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Performance Accessories Body Lift, Custom front bumper

homemade xtras to come.... rear bumper w/ tire carrier, rock sliders.........

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"
TEXASRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
mYJ

The 1995 Rio Grande was only available as a 2.5L 4 cylinder. If I remember correctly late in the YJs life cycle (when the Rio Grande package was introduced) there was a shortage of 4.0HOs due to the run away success of the Grand Cherokee and preparing the ramp up for the TJs. They could/did come with most of the options available including a special cloth interior.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
mYJ

That being said, when Chrysler built the late '95 YJs (what could have been the '96s that didn't exist) they did it with whatever parts were left over along with some new parts for the TJs including some engines, tailgate hinges, etc. So I wouldn't be shocked if a couple of 4.0s snuck out the door but the "Pueblo" interior is a dead give away for the Rio Grandes.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:10 PM   #5
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies guys.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
spearhunter
1975 CJ5 

the 4 cyl on the rio grande isn't so bad. Of course, the gay seat pattern, spice interior, green paint, and donut tires had to go.
spearhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.