The right slave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The right slave

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Rambo1967
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The right slave

I need an internal slave for my jeep. Both the lines that come off the slave(one from the master and the other is a bleeder) come out the same place thru a rubber boot. Every slave that I look at online or in a parts store show the slave for my jeep with the lines coming out in two different directions. The one for the 4 cyl(i have a 6) shows the lines like I need they come out the same hole with the rubber boot.
This is the one they say I need...
NAPA Online

how pray tell would I get the lines which come out each side to go thru the rubber boot that's on one side? Any advise appreciated. Thxs

1990 wrangler 5 speed original I believe

Rambo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1967 View Post
I need an internal slave for my jeep. Both the lines that come off the slave(one from the master and the other is a bleeder) come out the same place thru a rubber boot. Every slave that I look at online or in a parts store show the slave for my jeep with the lines coming out in two different directions. The one for the 4 cyl(i have a 6) shows the lines like I need they come out the same hole with the rubber boot.
This is the one they say I need...
NAPA Online

how pray tell would I get the lines which come out each side to go thru the rubber boot that's on one side? Any advise appreciated. Thxs

1990 wrangler 5 speed original I believe
YJ's started coming off the production line with ax-15's in march of 1989, so that sounds like you have the stock transmission. Looking at Napa's site, you should use part number NNC 37912, it does state it's for an AX-15. It looks like the one in mine and mine both come out the same spot of the transmission. That looks the same as my slave in the picture on the napa site. You could always call Novak or advance adapters and verify, they know their stuff when it comes to the ax-15. If I'm not mistaken, the ba-10 slave is the same one(internal).
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Rambo1967
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot. Still a little confused on how to get the lines together looking at the part you said. They can be losened and moved around to where I need them? They need to be one on top of the other to go thru the rubber boot
Take a look at this pic
NAPA Online

I can manuver the lines on the slave u showed me to look like this?
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

same thing happened to me. when i ordered a slave from advanced auto the slave came and the lines didnt even line up right. you can actually take out the lines from your old slave and reuse them in the new one.. easy to do and works.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Rambo1967
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Old lines are junk. Hmmm back at square one. Auto parts stores are dumbfounded when I ask for the lines for the slave. Who can I call to get the right part for my jeep? Things just sitting here...calling me
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1967 View Post
Old lines are junk. Hmmm back at square one. Auto parts stores are dumbfounded when I ask for the lines for the slave. Who can I call to get the right part for my jeep? Things just sitting here...calling me
advance adapters or novak.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.